Assistant Recruitment Manager
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
W Doha Hotel & Residences has been awarded for the past 2 years Best Business Hotel by the Conde Nast Traveller Middle East Reader’s Choice Awards. We are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle-East. Working for unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Starwood - one of the leading names in hospitality will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
Nestled in the heart of the city, right in the business district where the past meets with the future, art meets science, tradition meets haute couture and culture meets nightlife, the W Doha reveals the unexpected side of modern Doha, thrilling guests with unrivalled insider access to what is new and next in this booming desert capital. Work and play come easy at the W, with Qatar Financial Center, major oil & gas corporations and ministries just walking distance from the hotel, plus the country’s largest mall just a 3 minute drive away.
As the Assistant Recruitment Manager you will be part of our Human Resources Team reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
As the Assistant Recruitment Manager you will be responsible to plan, develop, and manage the recruitment process at the W Doha with the ultimate goal to attract and employ the most qualified candidates for our job openings.
Your further tasks are to:
• compose job descriptions for current vacancies and publish accordingly on all applied recruitment channels (both externally and internally)
• screen applications and cascade further to the involved Hiring Managers
• arrange and partake in interviews for positions on supervisory and assistant managerial level
• conduct reference checks and further assessments where applicable
• prepare offer letters and assist with contract negotiations
• communicate with successfully hired candidates while ensuring that all needed paperwork is processed efficiently
• reply to all applicants in a timely manner
• build and maintain effective relationships with recruitment agencies
• forecast recruitment costs and process related invoices accordingly
• constantly update the manning guides and communicate with the department heads and be their main contact person regarding recruitment needs
• regularly update all records and databases
• represent and support the HR team in organizing activities such as sports tournaments or staff parties
• lead the social media recruitment channels
• Supervise and assist the recruitment coordinator whenever necessary.
A Bachelor Degree ideally in Human Resources/Hotel Management or a related field is preferred.
We expect you to have at least 3 years of work experience in a senior recruitment position, preferably in a luxurious hotel property.
Previous work experience within the Middle East is preferred.
Excellent English skills, both verbally and written, are required.
You are the type of person that never says no, you are a great communicator, you demonstrate team spirit and cooperation, and act with professionalism and integrity.
You like to take ownership, you learn, develop and adapt to change and you can work independently, take initiative and pay attention to detail.