Lobby Hostess - Thai*
ANANTARA THE PALM DUBAI RESORT
Imagine a unique destination set on a man-made marvel on the Dubai coastline that entices one and all with a distinct blend of serenity and splendour. Offering an urban escape, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a wondrous place where a decadent experience awaits at a Palm Jumeirah hotel unlike any other.
Perched on the eastern crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah, an archipelago of islands connected to the mainland, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a remarkable resort inspired by traditional Thai architecture in an Arabian setting. A 45 minute drive from Dubai International Airport and within easy reach of a plethora of exciting attractions including Aquaventure Water Park, Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai and Dubai Marina, this resort is where one can savour moments of bliss surrounded in unimaginable magnificence.
Lobby Hostess is a key representative of our resort and the Anantara brand. She creates one of the most powerful first impressions to our guests. Lobby Hostess at Anantara have a friendly and outgoing personality, and is genuinely interested in meeting and serving guests from all over the world. The position necessitates being an information provider, receiver, diplomat, salesperson, resort representative, public relations agent, all performed with the utmost politeness, efficiency and friendliness.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome and bid fond farewell to all guests upon arrival at the resort in a traditional manner as stipulated in the operating procedures.
- Assist guest in resort activity enquiries/requests.
- Ensure that established levels of guest service are maintained at all times within the reception area.
- Actively elicit guest feedback and preferences, regarding resort services and ensures action is initiated on the same to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Ensures guest errands are executed as directed.
- Ensure sufficient stocking of welcome beverage, refresh towels and special departure expressions are maintained.
- Coordinate transportation for guests in collaboration with the Boat Captains, Bell Captain and Bell Boys including buggy, sea plane and airport transfers.
- Handle difficult situations effectively following resort policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Resort’s Policies & Procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently guest complaints and compliments to the Front Office Manager / Duty Manager / Guest Relations Supervisor.
- Keep the immediate Manager / Supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Ensure safety and security of guests’ belongings.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and standards.
- Actively participate in upselling Spa, Food and Beverage outlets and excursions.
- Attend behavioral and vocational training in own and related work areas, to enhance skills and develop multi-functionality.
- Ensure that all fellow team members follow safety rules and operating procedures.
- Is aware of all house rules and assists in enforcing them on team members.
- Always conduct herself in such a manner so as to encourage all fellow team members to do likewise.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Project at all times, a favorable image of the company, resort and department.
• Vocational School in hotel management
• Previous experience in Front Office is preferred
• Good understanding of Front Office Systems
• Good communication skills
• Good English - both written and spoken