Finance & Business Support Manager - Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
Full job details
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or
karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the
same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people
who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We’re looking for more people like this to
join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we're looking for Finance & Business
Support Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at
Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb.
Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb is Set 2 km from Muscat City
Centre shopping mall, this laid-back, modern hotel is 9 km from Muscat
International Airport . The 185 rooms equipped with an array of modern
amenities and latest technology.
As Finance & Business Support Manager you will be
reporting directly to the General Manager and below are some of the key
- Prepare financial analysis of hotel operations including
variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of
- Prepare hotel and department budgets and financial forecasts
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and
oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts.
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General
Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings.
- Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation
- Analyse ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds
and upon completion determine if anticipated results were achieved.
- Maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls
on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements,
deposits and remittances.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign
work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide
mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve
team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with
federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly
trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Maintain relations with outside contacts including owners,
asset managers, guest, and regulatory agencies, others as needed.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest
questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest
- Audit and oversee the accuracy of all guest billing.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and
systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts and inventories;
ensure ethical accounting practices in compliance with government regulations
and contractual agreements.
- Distribute outlook and forecast information as an up-to-date
management tool for departments to identify cost savings.
- Review operating equipment stores to avoid
unnecessary/excessive purchases and to eliminate and or be aware of slow-moving
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager
This is the top Accounting job in a full service hotel.
Typically supervises clerical accounting employees in a full range of functions
such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit/Collections, Purchasing,
Audit, Payroll, and/or Accounting Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification /
equivalent in Accounting or Finance and three years in hotel accounting or
internal audit with one year in a supervisory role, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English.
- Experience in the GCC region in a branded environment
- Seeking a highly confident self-motivated individual with a
drive for results to be completely accountable for the finance function in this