Food & Beverage Intern
Full job details
ABOUT THE SOFITEL DUBAI DOWNTOWN:
The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is a brand new hotel blending Sofitel’s passion for excellence and French art de vivre. A magnificent addition to the five star luxury scene of Dubai, it is located in the heart of Downtown. The hotel features 350 rooms & suites, restaurants & bars and 14 meeting rooms. Breathtaking views of Burj Khalifa & the coastline, everything literally at your doorstep, Sofitel Dubai Downtown is the choice hotel of discerned travelers.
Apply for a unique opportunity to be a part of this Magnifique Brand !
The F&B Trainee as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
The duration of the internship will be minimum 6 months and can last up to 1 Year. Our training programmes are comprehensive and support the vision of the company, whilst also being specifically tailored to the development needs of the individual trainee.
During the internship, you will benefit out of the following:
• Complete a successful training period and gain exposure in a professional work environment
• Contribute towards continuous improvement in customer service standards
• Attend the Sofitel Brand training program relevant to the position and as required
• Free Accommodation, Free Meals, Monthly Pocket money, Visa and Residence
- Assist guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all F&B related matters
- Maintain a high standard of service and quality delivery at all times
- Exposure to daily operations of the F&B venue, by rotating within the different sections (Room Service, Main Restaurant, Patisserie, Banqueting)
- Gain understanding of Micros, the menu and table positioning and develop the skills to serve the guests according to Sofitel standard.
- Study the guest satisfaction feedback via our VOG Platform, report on the results and make the essential suggestions on how to improve our services.
- Play an essential role in the improvement of the service quality.
The candidate should currently be studying in a Hotel Management School or University and have a strong passion for the Hospitality Sector.
Our successful candidate will have a passion for providing exceptional customer service and a desire to develop a career within a successful and supportive 5 star environment.
We are looking for outgoing personality with ability to communicate fluently in English with guests and colleagues and who speaks a second language (Arabic or French would be a plus). The candidate must have enthusiasm about the role and be a great team player, highly organized and have a positive attitude. The candidate should also show flexibility to work weekends.