Chef De Cuisine - Italian / Lebanese
About Us :
Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, a Five Star Property in Dubai ,UAE since 1989.
It is the paradise of Luxury Living, Succulent International Cuisine, Modern Business Facilities, Extensive Recreational options and finally the very welcoming and distinguished Aroma Spa for all your health & fitness needs.
This unique property with its own private beach on the glittering Arabian Gulf, the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa enjoys a truly idyllic setting .The property offers sprawling gardens, landscapes, private sandy beach and various Food & Beverage outlets offers a truly memorable holiday experience modern business facilities for the Business Travelers. Personalized care and attention to details allows a complete relaxation.
Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa has established a worldwide reputation for its impressive facilities, excellent restaurants and superb levels of service
Located at the beginning of the Jumeirah Beach Road, the Resort is only ten minutes drive from the City and World Trade Centre, and fifteen minutes from the Dubai Creek Golf Club and Dubai International Airport.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Chef De Cuisine who will be responsible for all procurement, production and distribution of a high volume of quality meals. Responsibilities also include overseeing commissary cooking and logistics operations, managing an efficient kitchen staff, managing inventory of food and kitchen supplies, delivery scheduling, ordering, developing kid friendly recipes, and implementing policies and procedures. The utmost importance for the chef must be placed upon the ability to creatively solve problems in a fluid environment.
Gender : Male /Female
No of Vacancies : 2 (Lebanese Cuisine / Italian Cuisine)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhances service to regular guests by adapting to personal taste and providing anticipatory service
- Ensures that product consistency is maintained with regards to appearance and taste
- Ensures the Executive Chef is informed of daily operations
- Trains and develops the team as a primary objective, openly sharing knowledge
- Establishes and maintains effective workplace relationships
- Communicates effectively by collecting information from appropriate sources and considering audience when delivering information
- Demonstrates integrity, respect and empathy in all communications
- Adjusts interpersonal style to individual and environment
- Networks to build relationships for the organization’s benefit
- Identifies, analyses and solves problems via solutions and results focused management
- Provides guidance and support to team and colleagues
- Manages constructively poor performance, conflict and difficult situations to achieve results acceptable to participants, the organization and the laws.
- Maximizes employee productivity and achieves optimum staffing levels to minimize or economize payroll
- Maintains records of all training
- Shares all relevant information with staff, maintaining confidentiality where required
- Monitors and maintains food cost within parameters provided by the company
- Checks food cost on a daily basis and ensures continuous awareness of monthly food cost
- Monitors and controls labor cost to maximize employee productivity and minimize payroll whilst maintaining quality standards
- Ensures that Company policies and procedures are strictly adhered to by all kitchen employees
- Drives the business together with the Manager, Restaurant in order to increase revenue
- Participates in preparing the annual operating budget and follows it ardently
- Meets daily with the Manager, Restaurant to discuss day-to-day operational issues and future operational strategies
- Ensures the Kitchen exhibits the flair, creativity and constantly strives for ‘best in class’ quality standards
- Ensures the product consistency is attained in regards to appearance and taste
Attends meetings as required
- Maintains and exceeds Food Safety Standards in line with Company Policies, or as directed by Management
- Recommends and/or executes management policies to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, discharge, re-assign, or discipline employees.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
- Reports accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to supervisors
- Performs other reasonable job duties as assigned by supervisors from time to time.
- Minimum 8 years professional kitchen experience, including Management experience in a five star kitchen environment
- Relevant experience in a variety of cuisines, or a specific style/cuisine as relevant to the position
- Proven ability to deliver ‘best in class’ cuisine, supported by awards and/or industry recognition
Skills / Competencies
- Hands-on, cuisine oriented primary skill set
- Must understand the difference between management and leadership, and be able to apply both
- Competent with all basic Microsoft functions, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good understanding of food cost, how to calculate and manage
- Good understanding of menu engineering, how to read, action and apply to menu writing
- Quality management and quality control
- Must have relevant written/spoken language ability (multiple languages an advantage)
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of one’s own strength and weakness
- Ability to work on flexible shift including overnight, weekends and holiday on rotation basis
- Ability to work on overtime when needed.