MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/ Administration.
- Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, and Human Rights.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs
- Accounting (Simply Accounting, Sun Accounting, etc)
- Word processing (MS Office)
- Spreadsheets (MS Office)
- E-mail (MS Office)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as the Revenue Boards and Social Security Boards.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with Company policy.
- Manage the bookkeeping function, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure.
- Assist the General Manager with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and the Annual General Meetings and provide advice to support the decision making process.
Payroll preparation and administration
- Prepare all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with the negotiations and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
- Manage the tracking of vacation, sick leave and other leave according to Company policy and local labour laws.
- Using the “Zero-Based” approach for budgeting, prepare the annual budget in consultation with the General Manager and other HOD’s.
- Assist staff with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
Project management (activity centers) accounting
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.