Full job details
W Doha has recently won the Best Hotel & Residence in the Middle East, awarded by the World Travel Awards. Being the first W in the Middle East, we are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle-East. Working for unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W - one of the leading names in hospitality will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
The ultimate expression of style and sophistication, W Doha Hotel & Residences infuses your life with the unique combination of casual elegance and urban energy that only W Hotels can provide. Conveniently located in the West Bay of Doha, W Doha Hotel & Residences provides easy access to Doha's shopping destinations, embassies, financial district and culture. W Doha brings the world of entertainment, culinary delights, nightlife and personalized hospitality to Doha.
As the Engineering Coordinator you will be a part of our Finance Department and you will be reporting to the Director of Engineering.
Perform administrative support activities to the Director of Engineering and Deputy Director of Engineering in the development, implementation and executive management programs related to engineering.
• Responsible for monthly documentation/report on preventive maintenance and energy consumption further submitted to the Director of Finance, owners’ office and Starwood Hotels & Resorts divisional office.
• Maintains an organized record of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, F&B outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee assigned work areas.
• Establishes emergency preparedness plans to deal with possible catastrophes involving hotel operations, such as fires, explosions, spills and releases of hazardous materials, earthquakes and loss of utilities.
• Evaluates materials and equipment to control any work place hazard
• Establishes work rules and communicates information to employees to insure safe work habits, awareness of hazards and the use of appropriate protection.
• Assures that guest accident and employee occupational accident / illness investigations are conducted and reported as required by law and policy.
• Evaluates the EH&S concerns associated with new modified materials, operations and facilities
• Maintains an inventory of chemicals used in the hotel and obtaining technical data regarding their use, handling and disposal.
• Develops and maintains appropriate EH&S program records.
• Analysis program records and results of survey and program reviews and developing a plan to improve the hotel EH&S performance minimize property losses and prevent hazardous release to the community or environment.
Degree level necessary.
Six Sigma / Process Methodology Trained a bonus
Previous Hotel operations experience in a luxury environment is necessary
Operational experience on managerial level is a benefit.
Previous experience in project groups, leading them is necessary.