Revenue Management Executive
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
• Strategy Support: By assisting the Director of Revenue Management/RM with essential administrative duties and fulfil reporting and analysis tasks, it will ensure that the RM strategies as defined by the team can be executed in an efficient and pro-active manner. Providing contingency in the event of absence is also an important element in the delivery of strategy objectives.
• Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance. Perform competitor checks and report as appropriate.
• Assist the DORM/RM in identifying soft periods and developing promotions and strategies
• Support the DORM/RM in effective implementation of Starwood Revenue Management Standards, Policies & Procedures. (Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segmentation, Profiles and all other PMS/IPS related RM functionality.)
• Action Rate Solicitations as directed and maintain rate plans. Work with DORM/RM to implement the suggestions of CRMT Audit Recommendations.
• Ensure the hotel has Best Rate Guarantee compliance, and work with the DORM to minimize/eliminate BRG claims against the hotel/complex
• Assist the DORM/RM with daily updates of the Revenue Plan, balancing all figures with the PMS and FRS, and ensure all data input into the system is accurate. (Geo Source, Product Quality, Pricing) Assist with all aspects of budget preparation.
• Assist in the preparation of 30-60-90 day fully updated Forecasts in the Revenue Plan Forecast Tool on a monthly basis. Work with the DORM/RM to prepare longer term forecasts and achieve hotel forecast accuracy goals.
• Responsible for Startrack setup (flagging and tracking of company profiles in Opera) and on-going monitoring of account production. Liaise with the sales team and advise where accounts are not meeting rev par contribution goals.
• Participate in the property’s weekly Revenue Management/Strategy Meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting. Act as the representative of the DORM/RM when he/she is unavailable.
• Develop personal understanding and knowledge of all Revenue Management related systems and tools. Including: Opera PMS/S&C IPS, (or PRSNet), TLPe, TLGO if applicable, Market Vision, Enterprise Channel Reports, Revenue Plan, StarTrack, CMD.
• Be the second Primary User for all tasks related to the daily/weekly/monthly maintenance of TLPe/TLGO.
• Review and analyse data on an ongoing and end of month basis. Provide monthly report on production, trends, booking and stay patterns as well as channel analysis. Evaluation of the distribution channel performance (costs, commissions, number of reservations, revenue) and potential reasons for this performance.
o Includes but not limited to Rooms Rollup, Pace, Group Backlog, Geographic Data, StarTrack Reports, IPS Reports, PMS Reports, Trend analysis, Revenue Plan Summary
• Analyze competitive reports and formulate appropriate suggestions for strategies through use of Deloitte & Touche Reports, Hotelligence and Market Vision
• Ensure full capture of all available Denial/No Sell information by entering the statistics on DYM Report in Opera PMS and train Reservations and Front Office staff on the correct capture of Turnaways in Opera.
• Run the IPS Company/Travel Agent Report and ensure that all profiles in Opera are correctly linked to master accounts to capture accurate StarTrack data.
• The Revenue Management Executive will be expected to complete the Basic RMA course shortly after assuming the role, and actively participate in all new training offerings, via classroom or webinar.
• Additional training classes as determined by RDRM/RM may be added based developmental needs.
• Daily communication with the DORM/RM on related issues. Update ‘Oneteame’ departments as appropriate and participate in all Rev Max and budget planning meetings.
• Share best practices and key learning with peers, Area/Regional Director of Revenue Management and Divisional RM team
To qualify for this position the candidate must express a keen interest in a Revenue Management career and possess technical aptitude with good analytical skills. Specific requirements include:
• Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
• Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think out side of the box”
• Ability to analyse financial statements and market data
• Detail oriented and hands on
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong command of English in both
• Potential to develop into a leader, motivate and develop associates
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Must possess strong computer skills, inc Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word) Opera PMS/S&C or Fidelio/Delphi, IPS*, PRSNet*,TLPe*,TLGO*&Revenue Plan, *where applicable
Professional Certification (University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
Minimum 1 year experience in a Starwood Hotel, preferably working in a Front Desk, or reservations capacity. However, candidates with other backgrounds, and the right aptitude will be considered.