Rooms - Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Full job details
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities in Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and Laundry, if applicable. Position works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Ensures knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations are up to date.
• Oversees all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Manages linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of supplies as necessary.
• Supervises Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.