Position is responsible for ensuring that operations are in compliance with hygiene and food safety standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Hygiene and Food Safety Operations
• Ensures compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requirements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
• Ensures compliance with the documentation system in the BSA through out the operations.
• Advises and supervises food handlers on the proper food handling practices and ensures their observance.
• Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations for early remedial actions.
• Ensures compliance with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food businesses.
• Acts as a focal point of contact with the Food & Environment Hygiene Department (FEHD).
• Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
• Provides in-house food hygiene training for all the food handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
• Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and FEHD on food hygiene matters.
• Conducts daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides a corrective action plan and keeps records on the findings.
• Checks daily cleaning status in kitchens with respective kitchen managers and stewarding.
• Ensures the temperature of refrigerators and freezers are up to the standard.
• Coordinates microbial food tests with kitchens and laboratory in case of new products/suppliers and suspected food borne illness complaints.
• Conducts monthly vendor inspection with the Purchasing and Executive Chef.
• Conducts monthly internal BSA inspection with Executive Chef and Stewarding.
• Conducts monthly TOP5 kitchen/equipment condition inspection, and identify non-conformities/defects with the Engineering.
• Liaises with Pest Control Company for any ad hoc pest issues in the operations, and reviews the pest control performance.
• Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
• Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation.
• Works closely with the Learning team and conducts Great Food Safe Food Training sessions to all food handlers.
• Regularly review and refresh the food safety standards of all food handlers within the hotel premises.The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.