Service Manager - Engineering (Duty Engineer)
The Duty Engineer is responsible for the operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of all hotel equipment and facilities, specialising in Refrigeration equipment. The successful candidate will also need a good understanding of electronics maintenance reporting system in order to deal effectively and efficiently with all maintenance issues.
- Work order control system
- Repair and planned maintenance of Airconditioning and other mechanical equipment
- Energy conservation programme
- Health, Safety and food Hygiene
- Emergency procedures
- Training & personal development
- Stock Control
- Conversant with International standards
- Able to make reports and Preventive Maintenance plans
- Technical or equivalent qualification in HVAC equipment.
- Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Building Management System experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant rules and regulations pertaining to maintenance
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Relevant experience in hotel/building facilities maintenance
- Able to deliver exceptional customer service
- Able to work a shift cover as and when required, which includes weekends and Bank Holidays
- Self-starter with a high degree of Initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Understanding of one or more additional foreign languages
- Relevant experience in an international five star luxury hotel brand
- Gas safe certification
- Refrigeration qualification and experience
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
The award-winning Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai offers luxurious accommodations, exceptional dining and gracious hospitality in the heart of one of the world's most dynamic cities.
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road, the 42 storey hotel is 15 minutes from Dubai International Airport and 5 minutes from the Dubai Convention Centre, World Trade Centre, Dubai International Financial Centre and downtown Burj Khalifa Dubai. It is within close proximity to shopping malls including the famous Dubai Mall as well as Dubai’s popular beaches.
The hotel’s 302 rooms and suites offer a combination of traditional luxury and modern functionality. Fantastic views and thoughtfully-selected furnishings create an experience of unparalleled style and comfort.