Full job details
Responsible for reviewing, managing and negotiating leases, manage lease renewals and assisting in the development of new store expansion programs, ensuring the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Kempinski standards.
The job of Retail Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- Retail leases are closely monitored and renewed on a timely basis.
- Obligations for rental payments are met.
- Annual budgeted revenue is achieved
- All retail spaces are effectively utilized
- Annual performance goals set by management are met
- ESS (Employee Satisfaction Survey) results are 75% and above.
- Reviews, manages and negotiates lease documents, including business terms and dates Interfaces with landlords, developers, franchisees and other retailers on a regular basis.
- Maintains professional business relationships with key owners, landlords and developers.
- Partners with internal management: Executive Team, Legal, Finance and Accounting, Marketing and Operations departments
- Assists in developing new store strategies for selected market Works closely with contractors, department heads and deans to obtain bid request for contract services.
- Determines the budget requirements are in place, meets with contractors.
- Negotiates space leases for Emirates Palace needs in commercially owned buildings.
- Maintains a list of lease space available to commercial tenants.
- Shows space to prospective Tenants, negotiates rental rates, preparing lease documents, maintains lease files and verifies monthly rental collections.
- Maintains a schedule of available storage space owned by the Emirates Palace and markets space with prospective Tenants.
- Retail Manager responsible for construction contract administration, construction inspection / supervision, quality control and assurance. Including preparation and /or review of all contract documentation and completion of projects in accordance with time and budget constraints.
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting the retail income year on year. Upkeep of products and services in boutique shop.
- Ensuring products are branded and are fast moving and in accordance with owning company expectations.
- Keeping relationships with boutique suppliers and ensuring timely communication.
- Conduct interviews with future employees.
- Identify training needs, develop and manage performance Approve training plan of all Boutique team members and follow-up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Manage all operational tasks as well as their respective delegation and follow-up Carry out disciplinary actions in line with company procedures.
- Re-evaluate work flows to improve and optimise organisation. Implement and evaluate procedures and policies.
- Ensure clear communication within departments. Organise regular departmental meetings.
- Maintain high visibility with guests and employees, handle customers’ complaints and take corrective action.
- Set short term and long term measurable objectives to continually improve service levels.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.