Sales & Marketing Manager
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara, is to be located just 11 km from downtown Doha and 20 minutes by boat from Doha International Airport on an exclusive 13 hectare island that boasts its own marina and reefs. Guests will enjoy a choice of 141 rooms, suites, pool villas and over water villas, as well as four swimming pools, four unique dining options, an Anantara spa and fitness centre, water sports, a nine hole putting golf course, cinema, children’s club, activities’ pool and dedicated family beach. This is a unique property, focused on wellness, unmatched in the Middle East.
GCC experience is essential
Experience in handling the Leisure Market (European or GCC) essential
Preopening experience a plus
Resort experience a plus
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that you fully understand the business strategy and positioning of the Anantara brand, and that you are able to effectively articulate this positioning in the marketplace.
- Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Anantara product and service offerings, and the products, services, rates and new developments of key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
- Approach personal sales activities from a strategic perspective, understanding the relative importance and priority of the current account base, and directing personal sales efforts accordingly.
- Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account, and review suggestions for improvement with department leadership.
- Focus on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
- Creating and handling Leisure accounts
- Achieve personal financial and non-financial performance objectives, working with department leadership to ensure these objectives are met.
- Take responsibility for your own professional development, ensuring that you have the financial literacy, negotiation and face-to-face selling skills needed to successfully do your job.
- Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and associated action planning.
- Practice effective cost control and adhere to internal procedures for approval of expenditure
- Actively participate in client familiarization trips, site inspections, sales trips and roadshows as required to meet the sales targets of the hotel.
- Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise
- Drive opportunities to upsell and cross-sell Anantara products
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the IT support tools used in the world of sales today, including sales-specific software, property PMS, the Microsoft Office toolset
- Ensure that all administration is processed quickly and efficiently.
To be successful in this role, you will always demonstrate the following attitude:
- always project a professional image to maintain and enhance the reputation of the Anantara brand
- have the ability to plan and prioritise work in order to achieve targets and deadlines
- have a proven ability to negotiate to achieve a desired outcome.
- have a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally using written and spoken English.
- be highly financially literate, and proficient in business financials
2. Working with Others:
- try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- use their own initiative and good judgment to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. Volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
- always conduct business honestly and fairly.
- prioritise your workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- manage your time and pay attention to detail
- display a positive attitude, even under pressure.
4. Delivering Results:
- be committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- constantly look to develop your own professional skills and abilities
- perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online by attaching your CV (featuring a recent picture of you) and a cover letter.