Waiter - Ramada Sharjah
Waiter - Ramada Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
At Ramada Sharjah we are committed to creating caring experience - every person, every time. Our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal & professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor & hotel management services provider, the company's global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties & approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries.
Ramada Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Ramada Sharjah, The hotel sets a new level of contemporary luxury, style, design, and cuisine for business & leisure travellers, situated amid Sharjah's exclusive areas & rich cultural attractions. It provides an ideal accommodation solution for long-term business travellers & families with its state-of-the-art technology & facilities. The hotel is ideally located in Sharjah opposite the large Sahara shopping centre. Its location offers easy access to Dubai, Sharjah City Center, public beach, Sharjah Lagoon & Corniche. Proximity to Sharjah Expo Center makes the hotel ideal for business travellers. Sharjah Airport is 15 km away, while Dubai Airport is 17 km away from the hotel.
The waiter/waitress is responsible for delivering great service to all guests, being knowledgeable and professional in doing so.
- Responsible for doing all preparations before and during the service, like preparing tables and polish cutlery.
- Keeping track of the stock and supplies in the restaurant and communicating where there might be a shortage like linen, glasswork etc.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the menu’s and other F&B outlets.
- Serving in either conference rooms or F&B outlets if required.
- Taking orders from the guests, explaining the menu and advising the guest on their decision making.
- Liaising with management for advice if required.
- Communicating with the kitchen about the orders and being very clear about special wishes of guests.
- Consistently upsell of food and beverages and making guests aware of promotions.
- If necessary preparing orders like drinks and preparing snacks, bread.
- Serving at parties and reception if required.
- Dealing with the payments and doing closure paperwork if required.
- Serving the guests with all food and beverage requirements during their stay in an attentive and efficient way.
- Taking reservations, in corporation with the supervisor and hostess/host if necessary because of special requests of the guest.
- Responsible for cleaning tasks during and after service.
- Making sure that all the guest areas look immaculate.
- Attend departmental meetings if required.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.