Chef de Cuisine - Bice Italian Restaurant - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.About the Role
To perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure a superior production and presentation of cuisine
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Must be progressive thinking with cuisine & able to implement such ideas with ease.
- Property follows 100% HACCP guidelines in the workplace & following these procedures is essential.
- Menu & “special” engineering in conjunction with the Executive chef and/or Executive Sous Chefs. These needs to meet the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments especially front of the house manager (Outlet Manager).
- Assumes responsibility for increasing departmental sales and profit.
- To minimize payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees.
- Must lead by example by demonstrating the Hallmarks and guiding principles in their role continuously.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have recognised culinary diploma or equivalent
- Have strong leadership and organization skills with a "hands on approach"
- Have proficiency in Microsoft software package
- Be medically fit & healthy
- Be fluent in English language written, reading and spoken
- Have minimum of 3-4 years experience in a 5 star Hotel and top quality restaurant focused operation
- Have good communication skills
- Have excellent management skills