Commis 1 - Culinary - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. The hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting venues.
About this Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Commi 1 Chef to join culinary team at Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to work in our Kitchen on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Your main duties will include:
- Maintain a clean and healthy working environment.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and wear correct and clean uniform at all times as required to the standard of the kitchen, including the appropriate footwear.
- Follow all colour coding and sanitisation process of chopping boards.
- Deliver consistently high levels of service to ensure complete customer satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all food and mis en place are prepared and presented using the brand standard recipe.
- Produce food as directed by the Senior CDP or CDP / DCDP at the required times.
- Follow the departments operating procedures at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable instructions / duties as directed by the those senior to the position.
- Understand the FIFO system, practice it and fully understand the importance of this system.
- Attend trainings whether internal or external as and when required.
- Report defects in machinery and equipment immediately to the senior chef in charge.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Commis 1 role with a five star hotel or a standalone/branded restaurant and a genuine interest in food and service.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written).