Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Result Area: Guest Satisfaction.
• To handle promptly and courteously all guest comments, complaints, requests or inquiries taking the necessary action and ensuring thorough follow – through.
• To ensure friendly, courteous and professional service in the whole front Office by supervising and guiding all Front Office Team.
• To liaise with all other hotel departments when appropriate in order to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
• To ensure that special requests and traces are actioned accordingly on a daily basis and to ensure wake up calls are made promptly.
• To complete a thorough profile check to ensure all guest information are filled properly according to Starwood standards.
• To be fully conversant with current and future availability situation and take appropriate preparatory action in case of over booking situation.
• To personally handle guests being booked out in over booking situation.
• To be at the front desk to ensure efficient and smooth service is provided to all customers.
• To act empowered and also empower all associates to provide an outstanding service that exceeds the guest expectations.
• To ensure that all SPG guests, VIP guests and repeat guests are identified, recognized, pre-blocked and special amenity is brought to the room.
• To have knowledge about sales strategy, packages, promotions, discounts and know how to handle these and how they relate to other departments.
• To develop a thorough knowledge of the products, including hotel rooms, type of rooms, amenities, services of hotel, etc.
• To develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
• To be knowledgeable about SPG program and all other Starwood Customer Programs.
Key Result Area: Employee Satisfaction.
• To report to duty as per the rota.
• To be responsible for the efficient and professional running of the front desk, including relationships with other departments.
• To be prepared to perform all front desk functions, switchboard, business center and guest relations.
• To maintain a minimum amount of Pay Masters and make sure to close them promptly.
• To have thorough PMS skills.
• To lead by example: Provide a gracious and aggressive hospitality towards all customers.
• To assist all ambassadors with questions and problems that might occur.
• To create a productive and positive atmosphere at the desk; have a good relationship with all ambassadors and other departments.
• To know how to train, develop and motivate colleagues.
• To maintain close working relationship with other departments.
• To attend departmental meetings and training sessions and operate in line with the instructions received.
• To know and understand all Ajman Saray Operating Procedures.
• To be responsible for a clean and tidy working area.
• To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times.
• To ensure that all Front Office ambassadors are following the standards of personal hygiene and are wearing proper uniform at all times.
• To ensure a complete and detailed handover at the beginning and at the end of his shift including all important details such as, but not restricted to, handicapped/sick guest, group detailed information, late arrivals, early departures, lost and found items, fire alarms… etc.
• To record in the logbook any incidents that occur in the hotel and to follow this up with the department concerned.
• To perform any reasonable request directed by management.
• To be fully aware of the hotel credit policy and is responsible for any irregularities which might occur in this respect during his shift.
• To conform to cash handling procedures at all times and maintain an accurate float.
• To follow all cash handling and banking procedures to check out all customers efficiently.
• To do a credit check report on a daily basis and clear any doubtful accounts.
• To bank out cashiers at the end of each shift according to the procedure.
• To cancel all non-guaranteed reservations prior to night audit run.
• To record all No-Shows.
• To ensure that the rate variance report is checked properly every night and inform the EAM of any discrepancies.
• To check the PM, complimentary and house use reports and highlights any discrepancies.
• To check and sign all the GSA shift closing and cashier closing along with the night auditor. Highlight and action any mistakes.
• To prepare the Market Segment Report daily and forward to concerned departments.
• To prepare the Month End Report (Nationality Statistics) and forward to concerned departments.
• When leaving the front desk area, it is mandatory for the cashier to lock his/her bank so the cash is secured.
• To suggest means and ways of reducing costs without effecting the quality and standard of the hotel.
• To liaise with the Asst. Front office manager, Credit Manager regarding problems with guest accounts
• To carry out any systems back up as required.
• To be fully conversant with the Credit Card Clearance machines and printers.
Environmental and security Awareness.
• To review discrepant rooms regularly.
• To use your PMS password with discretion; log off the terminal when leaving the area.
• To maintain constant liaison with the Security Department.
• To liaise with security and investigation on theft, irregularities and undesirables and if necessary to take steps to remove undesirables from the premises.
• To tour all areas of the hotel on a regular basis and to report any irregularities to the department concerned.
• To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
• To report any maintenance defects to the Engineering Department.
• To operate all equipment as per the operating guidelines.
• To have full knowledge of the hotel safety and emergency procedures.
• To ensure that all ambassadors work in a safe manner.
• To be fully conversant with all hotel alarm systems.
• To complete accident/incident report in case of accident PR theft.
• To be aware of all local customs.
• To adhere to the hotel rules at all times.
• To support the hotel’s environmental projects.