Front Desk Agent
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Register and process check in for all arrivals.
• Handle guest check outs efficiently and professionally.
• Update guest information into the computer after a complete check in.
• Accountable for cashiering duties, foreign exchange transactions, night audits tasks and settlement upon Guests’ departure.
• Handles walk in counter reservation at all times and process call in reservation when room reservations section is closed.
• Provide friendly sand courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time.
• Resolve guests complaints/ requests and liaise with the department concerned to ensure immediately follow up.
• Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
• Check and convey message, mail and package to Guests.
• Assist at the Information counter, Foreign Exchange, Night Audit and, Business centre, as and when assigned.
• Have knowledge of the hotel rate codes, package, segmentation, discounts and how to handle each.
• Handle safe deposit boxes in a accordance with the internal policy.
• Report any unusual occurrences or requested to manager.
• Be aware of the hotel accident Prevention Policies.
• Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of front office area.
• Ensures that all guests are greeted on arrival & departure of the hotel.
• Review log book, verify outstanding and follow up pending. Identify if any special assignment for the day
• Check Hotel situation, occupancy, functions, groups, VIPs
• At the end of the shift or the day, he has to communicate all information that the next shift has to know for a well running of the operations
• Prepare for daily arrivals in terms of room allocations, amenities and special requests of the guests.
• Maintain continuous contact with hotel guest to ensure that any problem or complain are handle efficiently and courteously.
General / Miscellaneous
• Co ordination and information with Front Office, IT, Finance and all other departments.
• To effectively handle all guest complaints concerning the Front Office in co ordination with the Front Office Supervisor, Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Manager, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer.
• To be punctual on duty.
• Be well groomed to the standards laid down.
• To comply with all hotel rules and regulations as outlined in the handbook and to be aware of company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• To create an environment which promotes employee morale.
• To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer and give full cooperation to any customer requiring assistance with the prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
• To anticipate the needs of the customer whenever possible, to enhance quality service and in turn enhance customer satisfaction.
• To give full co operation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt caring and helpful manner. To be flexible in assisting in other areas of the Hotel in response to the business and customer needs
• Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards for his/her field of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Carry out any other reasonable task (which may not be stated here) as requested.