Commis I (Specialty in Arabic Cuisine) - Ramada Sharjah
Commis I (Specialty Arabic Cuisine) - Ramada Sharjah, UAE
At Ramada Sharjah, UAE we are committed to creating caring experience – every person, every time. Our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor & hotel management services provider, the company's global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties & approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries.
Ramada Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Ramada Sharjah, The hotel sets a new level of contemporary luxury, style, design, and cuisine for business & leisure travellers, situated amid Sharjah's exclusive areas & rich cultural attractions. It provides an ideal accommodation solution for long-term business travellers & families with its state-of-the-art technology & facilities. The hotel is ideally located in Sharjah opposite the large Sahara shopping centre. Its location offers easy access to Dubai, Sharjah City Center, public beach, Sharjah Lagoon & Corniche. Proximity to Sharjah Expo Center makes the hotel ideal for business travellers. Sharjah Airport is 15 km away, while Dubai Airport is 17 km away from the hotel.
Brief Job Description:
- Informs on a daily basis the Chef de Partie on all relevant information on operational.
- Sees to it that all food items for restaurant and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Prepares on a daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
- Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Performs duties common to position and other duties as maybe assigned.
- Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control.
- Preparation of assigned lunch and dinner buffets, special functions, banquets and restaurants
- Tests all food before it is served.
- Attends training sessions.
- Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance
- Checks function sheets, daily menus, promotions
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
- Ensures smooth running of the section during direct supervisors’ absences.
- To be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines as per Dubai Municipality
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, & Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting & hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.