Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
• Maintain the entire Hotel and Spa facility, including the physical building structure, all plant and FF&E, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
• Ensure that all legal requirements are complied with, and that budgetary goals are met.
• Responsible for the safety and security of guests and associates of the Hotel, especially in relation to Fire & Life Safety, Evacuation and Security issues.
• Ensure full compliance with, and implementation of, UK Fire & Life Safety Legislation, plus Corporate and Hotel policies and procedures.
• Conduct regular walk arounds, visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel and spa; all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
• Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, and external areas. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation works throughout the hotel and spa.
• Assist in the training and development, supervision, and disciplining of all staff in the Engineering Department, such as duty engineers, plumber, painter, joiner and apprentice(s).
• Adhere to all corporate purchasing policies and controls; all Health & Safety policies; and all other Company policies as required. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel, contractors and equipment at all times.
• Maintain an effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance program, utilizing the Maximo system as required, and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
• Inform the chief engineer on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information via the computer and generate required reports.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position requires the performance of a combination of the following supportive functions within the hotel:
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the Engineering team in conjunction with the Assistant C/E.
• Prepare annual R&M Budget, Utilities Budget and Capital Budget, and monitor to ensure costs are kept within budgeted limits.
• Prepare all Capital Project Releases and co-ordinate all related work.
• Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations for the property, having knowledge of building regulations and codes.
• Prepare, update and implement the Training matrix within the department.
• Prepare, update and implement Standard Operating Procedures within the department.
• Prepare department manpower schedules in accordance with the business demands of the hotel. Oversee daily and weekly rosters.
• Design, maintain and ensure the planned preventative maintenance program for the building, plant and equipment is fully operational to maintain a high level of GSI and ASI comfort and safety.
• Ensure work schedules are prioritized in accordance with guest needs.
• Ensure that Maximo is fully utilized by the team and hotel departments.
• Ensure supervision and control of line staff and contractors are effective to ensure optimum performance, efficient and safe working procedures, meeting all legislative standards.
• Responsible for reviewing, revising, updating and implementing Security and Safety procedures - both UK legal requirements and Sheraton Corporate Hotel Policy.
• Conduct regular Fire Safety inspections within the buildings, liaising with the Fire Department as necessary; ensuring fire doors / corridors are effective and safe.
• Supervise and maintain the Key systems within the hotel and spa in conjunction with the Information Systems Manager, maintaining and issuing keys; implementing authority levels; and ensuring all electronic lock systems are fully functional.
• Implement and actively supervise the hotel’s energy management program.
• Oversee water treatment programs.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• 3 to 5 years experience in a major hotel, hospital, or building, in a managerial / supervisory capacity.
• Good communication skills (both verbal & written)
• Must have thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water treatment, and refrigeration equipment.
• Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, power, water and gas supplies.
• Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials, record keeping systems, applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
• Must possess good computer skills, with knowledge of accounting programs and budgetary analysis.
• Working knowledge of occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.