Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
- Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development.
- Manages all floor staff and adapts management practices to suit the brand culture, operational methods, communication, recruitment.
- He/she guarantees a high standard of service for guests in hotel rooms and common areas in line with hygiene and safety standards.
- Monitoring Housekeeping personnel to ensure guest receive prompt and courteous service and attention.
- Monitor Housekeeping personnel to ensure rooms, and particularly those of priority members, known repeat guests and other VIP’s receive special attention.
- Informs other operating departments of Housekeeping matters, which concern notably the Front Office, to ensure accurate room status, in addition to communicating with Engineering and the Laundry.
- Schedules routine inspections by Assistant Housekeeping Manager, of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms.
- Inspects guest rooms in all Housekeeping areas on a regular basis to ensure furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair, well maintained and replaced / refurbished as required.
- Control and analyze department cost on an on going basis to ensure suitable performance level with respect to the budget.
- Participate in all Housekeeping Meeting, presenting for open discussion and solution any operating problems of his Department which may involve or concern other operations of the hotel.
Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for reporting.
Ability to read and understand memorandum and financial reports.
Ability to exercise judgment independently.