Resident Engineer - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, a spectacular five-star hotel, conference and banqueting destination that aspires to be the most outstanding family resort in the world. Vibrant and luxurious, Jumeirah Beach Hotel is Dubai's premier lifestyle destination, integrating exciting and exhilarating experiences designed for couples, families and friends.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for hard working Resident Engineer to join Engineering department at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Main purpose of this role is to ensure that the property and assets are maintained in the highest order through the implementation of the “ Jumeirah Engineering Management System” and the appointment of suitable competent personnel.
Your key duties will include:
- Supervise and directs the daily activities of all Engineering Department Maintenance Manager/ Supervisors and subordinators.
- Observes activities to ensure adherence to policies and operating procedures.
- Check on completed repair and maintenance works to ensure that established standards have been met.
- Responsible for maintaining fire, life and safety system with high level of standard.
- Monitors store stock and adherence to quality standards during the receiving of goods.
- Responsible for data collection and analysis of data leading up to the preparation of the P&L and Capex budgets.
- Handles grievances, suggestions and complaints by colleagues and recommends appropriate action to the DOE.
- Work on own initiative with out full detailed supervision or direction.
- Making sure that all documentation used in the department is a controlled version with the correct issue date.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonable require.
- Responsible to control energy management and control system of the hotel.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of the engineering management systems and controls.
- To provide technical assistance, guidance when the team required.
- Responsible to monitor the performance of the external maintenance contractors.
- Responsible to prepare project specifications, CAPEX, review of drawings -operation and maintenance manuals, material submittals, DM/DCD approved drawings, AS built drawings & Engineering projects.
- Looking and assisting into the Central Plant Services Electrical HVAC / Water System / Mechanical etc.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a minimum of 5-years’ experience as Resident Engineer or similar position in a 5-star hotel. You should have Middle-East working experience and possess a technical qualification.
You would be experienced in Fire & Life safety systems, as well as, Green Building approach. You would have a deep knowledge of HVAC Systems and Electrical systems, as well as, be proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office, AutoCAD, CMMS system.
It is essential that you have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.