Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishment of timely flow of information to Chief Accountant / Financial Controller with matters related to Accounts Payable i.e. adherence of related policies and procedures, account payable aging analysis and its movement from previous month.
- Establishment of proper filing system, to allow easy to required documents for disbursement, audit purpose and reference, etc. Maintains files for paid and unpaid invoices.
- Well versed in the hotel chart of accounts to ensure proper account, allocation of expenses.
- Review and check all invoices, matches them with purchase orders and receiving slips, which is prepared by Receiving clerk, perform test check and verify pricing, extensions and additions on all invoices including counter checking against accepted supplier quotations.
- Accounts/ checks all outgoing items i.e. return to suppliers and insuring that proper credit memos from suppliers are obtained.
- Prepare vouchers, including cost distributions for all supplier invoices and credit memos.
- Prepare cash disbursement/cheques for suppliers and other and forward the cheques, vouchers and all supporting document to the Chief Accountant / Financial Controller for approval and signature.
- Submits figure for estimated disbursement to the FC on a monthly basis.
- Balance/Reconcile Supplier’s monthly statements to the hotel’s accounts payable records.
- Prepares and balance voucher register monthly.
- To do purchase Balancing with Cost Control every 10 days.
- Perform other jobs as requested by his Supervisor.
- To be familiar with the Finance Department Policies & Procedures and Job Description.
- Have a complete understanding of the Hotel Employee Handbook and to adhere to the regulations contained therein.
- Have a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
- Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
- Must have a general knowledge of all software and hardware used in the hotel; Must have a thorough knowledge of the Accounting System being used in the hotel industry;
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about SBI properties – its products and other related services offered.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a team
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Be highly self-motivated, well organized.
- Be able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback
- Work within strict budgets
- Have an eye for detail
- Must be willing to work shifts.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Strong comprehension of the Uniform System of Accounts.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of an Accountancy programme or related required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the same position required.
- Hotel experience required.