Assistant Sales Manager - Catering
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
• To ensure knowledge and understanding of Opera and adhere to standards.
• To ensure good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems
• Ensure correct application of enquiry form procedure. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
• Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally
• Traces to be set for every enquiry after a maximum of 24 hours & ensure trace report is completed on a daily basis.
• Compile Contracts for all Events associated business for authorised Hotel signatory
• Ensure that a copy of the proposal, contract and TLGO analysis are attached to the Business Block for future reference.
• Actively use TEAMHOT as a means of referral, achieving agreed targets & work to exceed pre-set targets
• Actively use SPP as appropriate & acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the program
• To provide all requested credit information to credit manager including timely communication to client of credit policy, receipt of signed contract and deposit
• Attend daily events briefing providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries
• To attend weekly sales meeting
• To attend weekly revenue strategy meeting chaired by the Revenue Manager
• To ensure tentative business block information is updated on a monthly basis & provide accurate updates to the Director of Sales to present at the revenue strategy meeting
• Ensure regular updates in Opera on specific bookings within the 30/60/90 timeframe are provided in order to assist Revenue Manager & Events /Assistant Manager in accurate forecasting
• Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines using tools available.
• Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
• To participate in departmental and Starwood courses as required
• Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department
• Participate in annual Starvoice survey
• Must demonstrate an awareness of the importance of body language in communication and interaction with others
• Take part in special projects as directed by the Director of Sales
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in local language, English and at least one additional language.
• Must pass the Sales Select Test.
• Courteous & efficient telephone manner
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills with office management experience
• Ability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
• Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
• Ability to appreciate “the big picture”, whilst having a talent for detail & an inherent thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion
• Strong writing skills with excellent spelling & grammar
• Typing skills - 65 words per minute & speed writing preferred
• Excellent computer skills - sound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, internet & intranet systems
• Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism, service sector preferred
• Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility with senior management
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
• High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
• Team player – with a sense of humor even in the face of adversity!
Bachelor degree required additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
At least 2 years of experience of an account manager. Further experience in a supervisory position preferred.