Assistant Sales Manager - Leisure
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
• Co-ordinating the activities of the Hotel Sales Team (under the direction of the Assistant Director of Leisure Sales), to ensure the efficient day to day operation of the Sales Department.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Hotel and Starwood properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilised to its full capacity.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
• To attend any trade fairs as a representative of Starwood Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the
organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• Under the direction (and working with) of the Assistant Director of Leisure Sales, to take responsibility for the delivery of the annual Marketing Planning process.
• To actively support Sales Administrative Assistant to carry out his role effectively.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Re-negotiation of FIT agreements within budgetary guidelines of all accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans as agreed with the Assistant Director of Leisure Sales. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to the Assistant Director of Leisure Sales.
• To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educationals in line with business needs.
• Participate in marketing strategies and take responsibility for agreed projects, such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns, in support of the Assistant Director of Leisure Sales
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Interactive Account Management or Marketing/Strategic Planning is required.
• Superior analytical skills required.
• Experience managing websites and online advertising required.
• Solid understanding of development for dynamic websites and/or Content Management Systems.
• Travel Industry experience a plus.
• Experience in off-line marketing a plus.
Bachelor degree required; additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
At least 2 years of experience of a sales executive.