Whatever Whenever Agent
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,103 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis(R), The Luxury Collection(R), W(R), Westin(R), Le Meridien(R), Sheraton(R), Four Points(R) by Sheraton, Aloft(R), and ElementSM. The Company boasts one of the industry's leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
A flagship hotel for the brand in Dubai, the new W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road will provides a cutting-edge lifestyle experience, comprising 355 luxurious guest rooms including 60 suites, six 'WOW Suites' and one 'Extreme WOW Suite' - the first of its kind in the world. The 27-storey hotel also offers eight contemporary dining venues, W Lounge (W's take on the traditional lobby), WET pool deck, SWEAT fitness centre, a signature spa and stylish meeting and event spaces.
• Handling all normal duties connected with the operation of the telephone.
• Department and any other duties which may be assigned by the Assistant Front Office Manager or Front Office Manager.
• To develop a thorough knowledge of the Front Office department’s operation procedure and to work close with the other department of the Hotel, to ensure and efficient guest service. Maintain effective guest relations to ensure repeated Business.
• Follow up and check groups/ crews list for wake up calls (reception)
• Answering telephone calls promptly and with suitable greeting, using guests’ names and regarding courtesy and telephone.
• Cleanliness of Operator department area.
• Ensures that the information rack has updated information ( arrival and check out)
• Operating the paging system efficiently.
• Proper handling of emergency calls, i.e. fire, bomb-threats, medical and black out as per policy and procedure.
• Handle guest complaint call, routing to the duty manager or to the proper department.
• Communication skills
• Organisational skills
• Information system knowledge
• Guest focus
• Problem solving skills
Build Personal Effectiveness
• Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
• Act with integrity.
• Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
• Exhibit self-confidence
• Make sound decisions
• Talented chef
• Take initiative
Create Team Focus
• Build relationships
• Facilitate open communication
• Foster teamwork
• Able to delegate
• Promote team diversity
• Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
• Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
• Effective organisational development
• Take ownership
• Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
• Build support for change
• Drive continuous improvement
• Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and preferably another language
• Good computer skills
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
• High school or equivalent education required
• At least 1 year of experience within the hospitality industry