Sales specialist - Corporate
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Or Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is situated in the modern, cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s Largest Blue Flag Beach along the 238-berth world-class marina. The hotel housessome vibrant Restaurants and Bars include the world known “Barasti”
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
The hotel sales & marketing department is responsible for identifying customers with Business from varied segments including Transient Corporate & Leisure, MICE & Banqueting Events . The sales team is the heart of the hotel & their business decisions effect all of the departments and is critical to the overall success of both our properties & brands we represent
Your job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* Plan and conduct client appointments to both prospective and existing
transient accounts including face to face sales calls, site inspections,
in-house guest meet & greets and in-hotel entertainment.
* Retain and develop existing accounts through relationship building,
service delivery and service netting/brick-walling techniques.
* Identify new business opportunities and convert them into working
* Achieve optimal penetration of key accounts by executing a Smart Plan
each quarter with the support and direction of the ADOS / DOS.
* Actively work on the Starwood transient systems Lanyon, Agency360….
* Review Quarterly the Smart Plan for the key accounts in your portfolio
including, but not limited to, tactical initiatives for revenue
opportunities, awareness building, collaboration with sister properties
and SSO (Starwood Sales Organization) and international reach.
* Assist as required in preparation and planning of the Annual Business
Plan in relation to corporate targeted accounts and competitor
* Work collaboratively with Sales Team ensuring key clients are greeted /
followed up with and new contacts with potential for business are
actively followed up on.
* Participate in Sales Blitz and Telemarketing blitz’ as instructed by the
* Achieve Key Performance Indicators as outlined by the DOS which
include targets for face to face appointments, telemarketing, group
lead generation and loyalty program signings.
* Review daily the Arrivals reports for reaching out to existing account
guests and identifying new opportunities.
* Actively cross sell all facilities of The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi and
actively cross sell all other properties through the Team Hot program.
* Network and build strong relationships with the SSO ensuring timely
turnaround of all requests.
* Manage day to day administration including telephone inquiries,
proposals etc. and maintain up to date administration of accounts and
all sales activity and information using Opera system.
* Liaise closely with other departments within the Hotel to ensure
efficient and regular communication of sales activities is done in order
for the team to assist & deliver what is required to get the new
business and keep the existing clients
* Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures
including the Code of Conduct.
* Ensure a presentable and professional appearance at all times as per
the hotel grooming policy including name badge.
To move into this position you should have
* Hospitality Graduate or equivalent qualification,Minimum Bachelor's
* The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of the Corporate
Transient segment with hunger to achieve more in life
* 1-2 years relevant experience in a 5* Property
* UAE driving License is a must
* A proven track record in planning and executing sales strategies.
* Attention to detail
* Innovated & proactive.
* Ambitious, target driven and trend-setting personality
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational and negotiations skills.
* Working times will be as per office hours however successful
candidates maybe required to work additional hours to meet the
demand of our business and the clients.