Gym/Fitness Instructor ( Female)
Full job details
Scope of Work:
To assist guests and recreation members with expert knowledge and advice on the safe use of equipments within the gymnasium ensuring service excellence at all times.
1. Supervise the gymnasium and offer professional instructions for hotel guests and recreation members.
2. Provide fitness assessment to all new members.
3. Provide Personal Training upon request.
4. Market and promote fitness, sport and recreation activities and facilities.
5. Responsible to ensure the utmost due diligence is practiced in regards to the safety of all hotel guest and recreation members whilst using the facilities.
6. Ensures that all hotel guests and recreation members are provided with the correct information and knowledge on use of the facilities as well as club rules and regulations for the safety and convenience of all users.
7. Coordinates with Recreation/Gym Supervisor to ensure that the cleanliness of the gym and relative areas is maintained to the highest standard.
8. Assist with the daily operation within the Recreation Club covering the desk, promoting services and showing guests the facilities.
9. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
10. Keeps updated with the latest market trends and new products.
11. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
12. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
13. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
14. Be able to sell the hotel?s products and promote sales within the hotel.
15. Actively participate in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
16. Attends departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
17. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
18. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
19. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
20. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Spa & Recreation Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of Cardiovascular & Weight Bearing Equipment
Good Working Knowledge of Writing Fitness Programmes
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of Fitness Testing & Personal Training
Good Working Knowledge of Fitness Supplements & Nutrition
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Industry Based Certification
First Aid Certified
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Gym Instructor
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Gym Instructor Within 5 Star Hotels