Executive Assistant Manager
Full job details
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek was the first international luxury hotel to open in Dubai and has become an iconic landmark in the city, especially within Deira. Celebrating its 41st anniversary, the Hotel has not only witnessed the growth of Dubai but has played a key role in Dubai’s Hospitality growth, pioneering numerous hospitality trends in the Emirate.
In addition to 276 guestrooms, the Hotel has an impressive F&D portfolio of 16 outlets, 2 ballrooms, an extensive outside catering operation, and a 24hr Health Club including one of the largest outdoor pool-decks in Dubai.
In your role as the Executive Assistant Manager, reporting directly to the Hotel’s General Manager, you will be responsible to successfully manage the daily operational and financial performance of all operational departments of the Hotel – i.e F&D, Kitchen, Rooms, Security, Health Club and Engineering. It is anticipated that this role could lead to a future GM opportunity dependent upon performance.
Some of the key responsibilities;
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Budget
and Business Plans to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, profitability and employee engagement
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team for an efficient overall operation and as well closely work with the General Manager to develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery in order to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Ensure full adherence of the corporate guest service quality assurance guidelines, HACCP guidelines and corporate safety and security guidelines through efficient communication and coordination with all relevant parties, audit programmes, etc.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Ensure costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analysed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communication and meetings structures to ensure
optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Assists in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and
determines and ensures execution of competitive programmes – with special focus on Food and Drinks operations
- Develops recognition programmes, advertising and promotional campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliances with company standards.
- In the absence of the General Manager, assumes responsibilities as appropriate.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Extensive experience in senior hotel management positions with a number of years expected at least at HoD level usually with multiple departmental responsibility.
- Operational and Management experience in Food & Drinks operation is a must
- Proven ability at managing P&L's, budgets, forecasting results and revenue
- Inspiring leadership and effective communication skills to develop and mentor Department Heads, and foster a positive working environment
- Demonstrable business acumen and decisive strategic planning and execution skills