Front Office Manager
Scope of Position: The role has direct responsibility for servicing all incoming and in house business in relation to Front Office whilst ensuring that standards are met and delivered at all times. Key emphasis of this role is to drive the room’s strategy ensuring leadership and encouragement to the Front Office team in order to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations, enhancing our reputation for excellence. Preferably European national with ability to speak multi-European languages.
Experience: Five or more years of rooms managerial experience in a leading resort or hotel, and have experience in a luxury lifestyle brand with international exposure. Prior experience as Front Office Manager is preferred. Experience in the luxury market is essential.
Qualifications: A degree holder from a hospitality school with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
Special Skills: Visible, proactive, personally involved manager with excellent organizational skills, capable of providing focused management and continuing to establish the resort’s prominent position within the market through guest satisfaction. Ability to manage Front Office Department that results in the areas of customer satisfaction, operational excellence, host satisfaction, revenue and profit consideration. Sense of product and service quality, a passion for excellence and an understanding of the sophisticated needs of the luxury customer. Creative and innovative operations manager, capable of delivering products and services that will differentiate the resort in the region’s luxury resort market. Has a Financial Acumen towards his management of the department.
Languages: English and multi-European Languages with ability to communicate would be beneficial.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To attend the daily, weekly & monthly resort meetings as and when required
2. To communicate to resort team all arrivals and departures – highlighting any specific requirements.
3. To manage all arrivals, departures, room allocations and appropriation of VIP amenities.
4. Must complete full reservations checks prior to the Rooms Division Meeting to understand who is arriving at the resort and highlight to the senior team.
5. To manage Opera system to ensure full utilization.
6. To monitor villa stock available for sale, maximizing yield whilst monitoring use of complimentary, house villas and out of order villas by liaising closely with reservations, housekeeping and maintenance.
7. To manage the control of credit balances of the in-house guests plus authorizing any corrections, allowances and verifying the accuracy of guest folios.
8. To supervise team ensuring all personnel and performance issues are dealt with in accordance to resort & Company standards.
9. To assist to conduct appointments and show rounds to agreed standard and present resort to prospective clients.
10. Liaise on a daily basis with Revenue/ Reservations Manager to agree short term selling strategy.
11. To ensure accurate capture of all data for prospective customers and customers alike.
12. To monitor and check reservations – measuring accuracy, detail and price.
13. To train and monitor FO team service delivery, ensure a warm and personalized manner is presented to all guests to encourage visitors to return.
14. To allocate and/or review allocation for all incoming guests prior to arrival to ensure seamless service delivery.
15. To manage guest history details to assist service excellence delivery.
16. To ensure that the Performance Review assessment is regularly being done on time for all FO team.
17. To ensure that all reporting hosts demonstrate the required Standards of Performance.
18. To handle any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that you are aware of all resolved/unresolved incidents.
19. To communicate positively with hosts, colleagues, and Management to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
20. To ensure your hosts are effectively scheduled on the roster, in line with business requirements and full management representation at all times.
21. Co-ordinate with the Housekeeping and Reservations departments, all group arrivals at the hotel, to ensure that they are handled in an efficient and hospitable manner.
22. Follow up all guest complaints and inquiries, ensuring that guests are responded to within 24 hours and the necessary departments have carried out their follow up action.
23. Responsible for all Front Office Recruitment, Training and Management of team in co-junction with the Human Resources Department.
24. Adhere to all hotel Human Resources policies and procedures.
25. Conduct/ co-ordinate new employee’s training for their position and ensure that it is consistent with Six Senses standards and policies.
26. Co-ordinate daily handover meeting between shift change over’s.
27. Coach employees’s and give positive reinforcement and corrective constructive feedback when appropriate.
28. Be a role model for all employees by demonstrating behaviors and work ethic expected of all managers within Six Senses Zighy Bay.
29. To design, implement and develop training program for team and individuals.
30. To actively promote brand standards and coach shortfalls in standards service delivery.
31. To be organized and implement /maintain consistency with procedures set by the management or resort.