Plan, direct, and manage the provision of accurate, timely, and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. Recommend remedial action when and where necessary. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems. Hire the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated highly skilled, trained staff available. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee. Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for Hotel.
- Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports summarize and forecast hotel’s revenues, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
- Ensure compliance with Hotel policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Provide effective leadership of the Finance team in relation to goal setting, development and direction of activities.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel’s vendors.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Hold monthly finance update meetings with General Manager/Hotel.
- Team Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required Manage the hotels
- Relationships within the hotel to ensure excellent service by providing quality input such as the accurate and timely processing of invoices, banking and payroll transactions
- Review regularly the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed controlled accounts and explain all balances even if reconciled elsewhere
- Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, customers, and ownership.
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other applicable computer systems. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.