Full job details
To carry out the laundry and valet operations effectively and efficiently ensuring excellent laundry/dry-cleaning services and sufficient of clean, high quality hotel linen and uniform. To consistently deliver excellent service ensuring that product and service standards are adhered.
A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Laundry Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist all job functions of laundry for the daily smooth efficient and economic running of the laundry department.
- To work shoulder to shoulder with all job positions in laundry for production with proper adherence to standards.
- To carry out the following tasks which are the basic job functions and are listed as
- Unloading truck
- Sorting linen
- Help loading washing machines
- Help unloading washing machines
- Loading ,un loading and operating dryers
- Sorting after washing and drying
- Flat work operations and production meeting the time, target and priority for Room and F&B linen
- Sorting and folding of towels and operating towel folders
- Packing fresh linen in linen caddies
- Loading linen in trucks
- Maintaining hygiene and organized approach in all above tasks with total adherence to the current service and safety standards
- Following and ensuring the schedules are adhered to the business needs of each week.
- Inspects each machine under control for its maintenance and informs the faults and recommendations to Laundry supervisor /Laundry Manager.
- Advise Laundry Manager about misuse of linen and uniforms by individuals or user departments to be addressed to the concerned.
- To ensure that the transporting, receiving, sorting, production and delivery of all linen, uniforms and Guest laundry are according to the set standards.
- Work closely with Engineering Department to ensure that pre preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance are done as per schedule and all equipment's including laundry trucks are in proper working order to save the lost time due to breakdowns
- Ensure that the wash processes are followed as per the set standard formulas in line with the time, temperature and dosing of chemicals.
- Supervises checks and assist in the processing of guest garments.
- Checks all VIP’s laundries during his shift
- Ensure the entire laundry, dry cleaning, uniforms, linen, and valet operations are according to the schedule.
- Ensure the timely delivery of linen to the hotel for a smooth operation of all user departments.
- Help train all new laundry /valet colleagues according to the standards to consistently deliver excellent service by providing clean high quality linen, uniforms and guest garments ensuring that product and service standards are adhered by them.
- Maintain the production and delivery records of each shift.
- Prepares requisition for supplies, chemicals and forward to Laundry Manager for approval.
- Ensures that highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the laundry and periodic cleaning tasks are established carried out.
- Ensure that all the laundry employees follow hygiene and maintain high standard of hotel grooming policy
- Assist the hotel Laundry operations in the absence of hotel Uniform attendants.
- Creates positive guest experience by adhering Fairmont Standards .
- Possesses knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Attends weekly housekeeping/other departmental meetings
- Observes all Hotel regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sets a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership and guest relations.
- Role model a service culture through standards and warm, personal service to our guests
- Maintain strong relationships with other hotel departments.
- Supporting company and hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and participation in Health and Safety, Code of Ethics, Colleague Engagement Survey, Occupational Health and Safety, LQA Audit, JD Power and Fairmont President Club Meetings and initiatives.
- To use discretion and tact when dealing with guest enquiries, problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the Hotel and/or its reputation during the absence of Laundry Manager.
- To assist Laundry Manager in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- Attend to all guest complaints immediately and initiate follow up. It is imperative that all guest complaints are dealt with promptly in order to maintain guest satisfaction and the protection of the hotel’s interest.
- Perform any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Laundry Manager.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a high volume laundry /housekeeping operations.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous International experience essential.
- Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegation skills.
- Basic knowledge of laundry machineries, machinery operation , fabric contents, recommended process of fabrics, laundry chemistry, water quality, safe handling of washroom chemicals, laundry procedures, laundry troubleshooting and computer experience like Fidelio, Word, Excel, and Windows XP an asset .
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : Ongoing Job Number: DBI02161
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!