Full job details
To work with the Laundry team to carry out the pressing of linen and garments .
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Laundry Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To carry out the daily smooth efficient and economic running of the particular section under control, whether it is linen or garments.
- To always offer warm and engaging service.
- To work shoulder to shoulder with laundry colleagues in production with proper adherence to standards.
- To conduct self checks on the Guests and management laundry for its quality before sending to the hotel.
- To note down Guest preferences and fulfill them.
- Following and ensuring the schedules are adhered to the business needs of each week.
- Inspects each machine under control for its maintenance and informs the faults and recommendations to Laundry Manager /Asst Laundry Manager.
- Advise Laundry Manager about misuse of linen and uniforms by individuals or user departments to be addressed to the concerned.
- To assist in ensuring that the transporting, receiving, sorting, production and delivery of all linen, uniforms and Guest laundry are according to the set standards.
- Work closely with Engineering Department to ensure that preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance are done as per schedule and all equipments including laundry trucks are in proper working order to save the lost time due to breakdowns.
- Conduct Training to all laundry /valet colleagues according to the standards.
- To consistently deliver excellent service by providing clean high quality linen, uniforms and Guest garments ensuring that product and service standards are adhered by the team according to the instruction from the superiors.
- Maintain the production and delivery records of each shift.
- Possesses knowledge of emergency procedure.
- Role model a service culture through standard and warm, personal service to our Guest.
- Sets a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, workmanship and Guest Relations.
- Minimum of one year laundry attendant experience in a high volume laundry.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence.
- Must be strong team player.
- Basic knowledge of laundry machineries, fabric contents, recommended process of fabrics, laundry, safe handling of washroom chemicals, laundry procedures.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Closing Date : Ongoing Job Number: DBI02012