Assistant Restaurant Manager
Full job details
Assists the Restaurant Manager in ensuring operational efficiency in service, attendance, grooming and attitude in order to keep service standards in line with those of the Emirates Palace and to raise them beyond guest expectations.
- Ensuring that the outlet is adequately equipped with operating equipment, guest supplies and restaurant accessories in line with business demands.
- Interacts with the guests to ensure good communications and increase food and beverage sales.
- Ensures and facilitates a flow of communication to and from other departments and between management and team members.
He/she is responsible for food safety matters related to their areas of supervision.
He/she identifies training needs specific to FSMS and advise the Training and Food Hygiene departments.
Reports any equipment breakdown to the coordinator and follows up on repairs
Ensures that food quality inspections are undertaken on a daily basis
Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your Supervisor or Manager.
- Must hold a Hotel & Hospitality Management Diploma or Degree.
- Previous experience at a Supervisory level for at least 3 years.
- Thorough management knowledge of food and beverage standards of service and quality and how they should be implemented
- Ability to direct and provide reference for subordinates, evaluate staff performance and resolve operational problems and customers complaints effectively
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people of all cultures
- Excellent communication skills
- Should have knowledge of restaurants & banqueting operations also.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English.
- Arabic ideal
- Working knowledge of Micros and Microsoft Office applications.