To lead and coach the reservations team towards excellence in sales, in order to optimize rooms and ancillary revenue on every call. To track and communicate occupancy, statistics, and trends to the hotel through a variety of reports
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
l. Oversees the reservations department including staffing, scheduling, sales training
and coaching, employee relations, training and product development.
2. Takes responsibility for all reservations and some revenue management reporting as
3. Develops and trains the reservations staff to achieve desired targets as set forth by the Reservations Manager and Director of Sales.
4. Updates and maintains a reservations database which includes room rate.
5. Takes responsibility for a daily call to keep abreast of area occupancy, rates and sold out dates. Plans and controls the day to day functions of the reservations unit. Ensures a successful and smooth operation, which exceeds clients' needs, through the maximum use of resources allocated.
6. Compilers the end of month reports.
7. Provides supervision and training to the reservations team based on recognised company procedures and practices.
8. Responds to all enquiries to the standard required and maintains a database of business transactions including, refused sales, competitor analysis, competitor details and other client records..
9. Implements action plans set forth in the Marketing Plan
1. Bachelor Degree in any field.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position preferably in hospitality business.
3. Strong computer skills.
4. Strong communication and organisational skills.
5. Strong analytical abilities needed to evaluate, organise, and present data.
6. Strong training skills needed to develop assistant manager and reservations agents.