General Cashier cum Paymaster
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With a witness picks-up remittance envelopes from the drop box at the Front Office, ensures that envelopes tally with those recorded in the witness book.
- Opens the remittance envelopes with a witness and counts cash, cheques and foreign currencies, if any, to ensure that totals tally with amounts recorded on the envelopes.
- Prepare the bank deposits and ensures that total deposits agree with total cash income and after withdrawing the outstanding cashiers reimbursements.
- Prepares General Cashier’s sections of daily cash receipts, recapitulations and passes it together with the bank deposits and remittance envelopes to the Income Auditor.
- Prepares petty cash vouchers up on the approval of the Controller or Assistant Controller, disburses petty cash and prepares a summary for paid petty cash vouchers with coding for replenishment by Accounts Payable clerk.
- Maintains adequate change fund for all Hotel Cashiers considering bank holidays.
- Keeps a register for payments of pending reimbursements to the Cashiers showing their signatures and date of receipts.
- Counts and balances house bank daily.
- Controls cash receipts and foreign exchange vouchers issued, by maintaining log books.
- Collects Captains Orders from boxes in kitchen and compares against relevant restaurant checks.
- Checking of Telephone and Telex bills against revenue & house calls.
- Loss and found register to be reviewed monthly.