Public Area Housekeeping Supervisor
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel
special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being
approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by
understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking
ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being
knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that
make people feel special.
Supervision of the housekeeping operations
to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is
provided to hotel guests according to hotel or company business objectives.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming,
confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping/Asst. Executive Housekeeper in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increasing productivity.
- Assist to maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labour (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other Colleagues of the hotel.
- May assist with deep-cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high-volume periods.
- Inspect all assigned Guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds, and vacuuming and cleaning guest Rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIP’s and repeat visitors.
- Assist to maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents).
- May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
the leadership role in the housekeeping department assisting the departmental
leaders, in supervising the number of
housekeeping and laundry employees in a full-service Resort.
School Diploma / secondary education /
Minimum two years of housekeeping supervision experience in a reputed five star hotel
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy (Microsoft applications)
- Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines