Kitchen & Laundry Technician
The Kitchen & Laundry Technician is under the guidance of the Chief Engineer or delegate, operates maintains and repair all aspects of the Hotel Systems, in accordance with hotel Standards to achieve optimum operating efficiency of the equipment al all time.
His major responsibility is to trouble-shoot, repair and carry out preventive maintenance of kitchen & laundry equipment according to schedule, as assigned by his supervisors in accordance with the departmental standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- To minimize by all means his equipment to breakdown and to be operational at all times.
- To follow up on daily records, maintenance schedules and assisting the superior on implementing of optimum staff planning and control.
- Assisting the Supervisor to determine optimal operating efficiency and take necessary corrective measure when variances from standards are excessive through logs and utility data.
- Assures implementation of policies, standards and procedure for energy conservation and control, operation and control of plant and equipment, inspection and staff supervision.
- Analyses and monitors energy costs and expenditures for the Department.
- Accept additional or temporary assignment as instructed by his superior from time to time.
- Trouble-shooting, repair and preventive maintenance of:
- Laundry machines such as washes extractor, tumblers, flat work ironer, dry cleaning machines, utility press, form finisher, vacuum machine, marker etc.
- Kitchen equipment such as cooking range, toaster, juicer, ice maker, freezers, fridge, blender, oven, food warmer, brewers, dish washing machine, mixer etc.
- Systematically check, oiling & lubricating of laundry & kitchen equipment, changing of belts, tighten of screws, nuts and bolts if necessary to ensure that all machines are in good working order.
- Daily checking & recording of cooking gas consumption & order when stock level runs low.
- Maintain all lighting in laundry & kitchen area including lighting at cold rooms, fridge etc.
- Report & attend to fire alarm or emergencies as the occasion arises.
- Maintain the area & equipment under his charge in tip-top condition in terms of performance & cleanliness.
- 2-3 years experience in similar role
- ability to converse fluently in English, French preferred
- Island experience a plus