Accountant - Whissle
Whissle is a Dubai based full service boutique Luxury & Lifestyle hospitality company founded by Markus Thesleff and Ramzy Abdul-Majeed, who are the co-founders of:
- the multi-award winning OKKU Luxury Japanese Restaurant and Lounge
- Riva Beach Club, a standalone Beach Club
- Sophies an innovative gastro-cafe
- CLAW; an American Crabshack Concept in Souk Al Bahar
- Cielo Sky Lounge & Casa de Tapas, located at Dubai Golf on the Creek
We seek an experienced Accountant to join the team and be responsible for specific parts of the business:
- Revenue; ensures all revenue are properly audited and receipt transactions are properly accounted for and deposited into banks. Reviews summaries, reports and cash up prepared by unit, balancing with POS; process in accounting system
- Accounts Payable: Process timely arrangements of payments by cheques, bank transfer. Ensures payments are properly supported & authorized. Reviews cheque register, vendor listing, creditors log and reports
- Prepare tax computations and provisions and ensure payment is done on a timely basis
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of postings to general ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Ensures accounts receivable and payable sub-ledgers balance to general ledger.
- Input payroll allocation in coordination with HR Manager
- Monitor and input all prepaid
- Maintain contract summary and act accordingly for renewal date
- Prepare and post all journal entries including recurring journal entries.
- Prepare, forward and follow up collection of monthly invoicing and receivable
- Book fixed assets and maintain register for provision of depreciation and reconciles with general ledger.
- Reviews general ledger transactions and trial balance abnormalities.
- Reviews expenses and balance sheet item schedules for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides analyses and details on expenses
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet account and submit to Group Director of Finance for review on a monthly basis
- Follow up on intercompany transaction, issuing and collecting
- Any others duties required by Financial Controller or Group Director of Finance
The role will suit a professional with experience working with stand-alone restaurants or independent operators.
All discussions are confidential.