Abu Dhabi, UAE
Full job details
Kempinski - Emirates Palace
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Food & Beverage, Restaurant Manager
- Responsible for Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Waiter/Waitress, Hostess, and Outlet Cashier.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
- Set an example in terms of service, products and guidance of the team that reflects the concept.
- Actively participate in menu design in cooperation with the outlet Head Chef and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
- Organise tastings of daily dishes and new menus.
- Know the restaurant scene and gastronomic character of the destination and be recognized in the market.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s People Services Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Manage daily or weekly meetings with the kitchen team and fostering team work to constantly develop the restaurant / outlet for more success.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review outlet’s operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction of the outlet with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Minimum 2 year experience in similar position in 5* hotel chain
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Exhibits good moral values within and outside work place
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.