Dim Sum Chef
7 days left
- Job Level
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Dim Sum Chef
- The Dim Sum Sous Chef is responsible for the quality of all food prepared in the Dim Sum kitchen. He constantly inspects, tastes, checks temperature and visual appeal and ensures that all Dim Sum items are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Works closely together with Executive chefs to Plan and develop menus according to each outlets specific needs and requirements.
- Develops and test new items and products together with the respective Executive Chefs.
- Strictly Controls standards of all Dim Sum production done throughout the property.
- Controls and insures the Chefs and Cooks only follow established recipes and methods of preparation.
- Responsible for hygiene standards in kitchen, store room, refrigerators and work areas.
- Responsible for the personal hygiene and grooming standards of the kitchen staff.
- Ensures proper discipline of all associates under his/her supervision.
- Work closely with the Stewarding Manager whose duty is to keep kitchen area clean and orderly always insists upon meticulous cleanliness and strict adherence to hygiene.
- To work closely with Executive Chefs to development food cost and quality control procedures.
- Assist with costing and pricing of Dim Sum items according to profit margins outlined in the hotel budget.
- Ensures that all the Equipment and fixtures are well maintained, reports any faults and damage.
High School Graduate and culinary school certificate. HACCP certified.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum 2-5 year experience in experiences within a hotel/resort environment.
- We are seeking professional who have preferably gained remote resort location experience.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Understanding Hotel Operations.
- Teamwork, planning for Business and supervising team.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising Operations and Adaptability.
- Customer Focus and Driving for Results.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- Immediate availability for a 2 years contract.
- Package includes attractive expatriate salary in USD, accommodation, meals, laundry, health insurance, home leave flight and 30 days annual leave per annum.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant and sell healthy F&B items at the staff shop / vending machines at lowest possible prices.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace amenities – inviting cafeterias / staff restaurant, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped gym and other sports facilities.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, work equipment, training, coaching, etc).