Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate the tasks and operations of the Maintenance Workers.
· Liaise regularly with other Managers in the Hotel to ensure the proper function and efficiency of various building systems and equipment.
· Provide on-going communication to all areas under your supervision regarding policies, programmes and procedures.
· Attend and coordinate regular meetings including Department meetings for areas under your supervision.
· Review and modify operating manuals for areas under your supervision as required.
· Prepare and produce detailed financial reports as required in a timely fashion.
· Use various financial management and revenue management skills to analyse performance results to identify profitability shortfalls or opportunities to increase revenues, reduce costs, improve overall profitability and meet budget goals.
· Carefully manage department expenses as per budget requirements.
· Conduct purchasing as per requirements in areas under your supervision.
· Oversee the routine inventory taking in areas under your supervision.
· Ensure all operating procedures are strictly adhered to for areas under your supervision.
· Receive, prioritise, delegate and monitor housekeeping requests made by other departments in the Hotel.
· Carry out the routine service and regular maintenance of the Hotel’s electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems and other Hotel equipment and elevators and monitor their efficiency and utilisation.
· Carry out the routine testing and maintenance of fire detecting and prevention systems to ensure proper working order at all times.
· Carry out the routine testing and maintenance of air quality, water quality and other systems to pass required inspections.
· Carry out the routine service and chemical maintenance of the Hotel swimming pool, if not serviced by a contractor.
· Manage the maintenance of the building exterior, if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. lawn care, painting, etc.).
· Review and negotiate tender documents and vendor contracts as necessary.
· Obtain information and knowledge to keep abreast of industry practice, technological and advancement, new methods, equipment and materials.
· Manage maintenance tasks of third party contractors as required.
· Conduct regular walkthroughs to review maintenance issues throughout the Hotel to prioritise, troubleshoot or schedule work accordingly.
· Monitor the condition of facilities and make recommendations on maintenance repairs or renovations and refurbishments requiring capital expenditure budgets.
· Manage the preventive maintenance programme for all equipment installations, building ground, furniture and fixtures to ensure maximum utilisation, minimum breakdown and high standards of quality.
· Assist with the execution of the Hotel’s Fire and Safety programme.
· Be a member in the Hotel’s Green Team.
· Assist HR with delivering training programmes related to Engineering, maintenance or safety.
· Ensure all new Employees are properly oriented into their roles and provide personal coaching where required.
· Assist in the evaluation of Supervisors and Line Employees during their probation period to assess employment eligibility.
· Conduct regular performance appraisals to assess Line Employee performance for areas under your supervision and identify opportunities for development.
· Identify potential candidates for Supervisor and Management positions and make recommendations to your Manager.
· Create and modify training programmes addressing areas for improvement, and coordinate training tasks with the HR department and trainers.
· Oversee the training and development of Employees for areas under your supervision and ensure training objectives are met.
· Address issues with regard to Employee misconduct and disciplinary action as per HR procedures.
· Manage the schedule, payroll, overtime and schedule requests for areas under your supervision to ensure proper coverage to meet business needs.
· Control payroll costs through the efficient utilisation of Employee scheduling.
· Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein.
· Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision
· Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
· Must be able to lift heavy objects.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong leadership, coaching and counselling skills.
· Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
· High attention to detail.
· Ability to organise and lead complex projects.
· Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
· Must be fluent and has good level of English.
· Strong comprehension of building maintenance and troubleshooting.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
· Graduate of a Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any 4-year related course and or diploma in Engineering.
· Minimum of 2-years of experience in the same position or strong track record as an Engineering Supervisor for at least 2-years.