Assistant Banquet Manager - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled Assistant Manager for Banquets. The Assistant Banquet Manager will assist the Banquet Manager to oversee all aspects of the banquet operations by being quality oriented and customer focused. Drives performance to achieve the Food and Beverage objectives and targets.
Your main duties will include:
- To assist hiring, training, motivating, disciplining, directing and supervising the work of the colleagues in the Banquet Department.
- To schedule all colleagues to maintain the service standards of Jumeirah while operating within budgeted guidelines.
- To maintain and control inventory of banquet equipment and to ensure that inventory is kept clean and in good repair.
- To assume responsibility for shift supervisory duties on a regular basis, especially with VIP functions.
- To coordinate and insure the needs of the Catering department with the managers of interrelated departments.
- To prepare banquet checks with all back‑up for collection at the end of functions.
- To attend regular catering meetings to obtain information of the upcoming contracted functions.
- To organize and orchestrate any last minute changes or details to functions.
- To communicate directly with the hosts of functions and goes over the details of the function.
- To directly oversee the actual set‑up and service of contracted functions by giving specific menu information to the waiter, by coordinating the timing of the dinner with the Banquet Chef and by assigning functions to the waiter to insure their success.
- To handle all inventories directly involved with the operation of the banquet.
- To understand all regulations for Arab functions, which includes the traditional settings for weddings, royalties etc.
- To be fully responsible for the planning and executing of outside catering events during the Banquet Managers absence.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management and have at least 2 years work experience in a similar role in a 5–star Hotel on a Management level with excellent Food & Beverage knowledge.
You will be a strong team player and be able to lead by example to ensure your high standards filter through your team. You will have proven experience of achieving and exceeding targets and be driven, with strong financial awareness as well as being open minded to new business approach.
You must be confident using the Microsoft Office suite. In addition to strong spoken business English, Arabic would be an advantage.