Jumeirah Vittaveli Maldives
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.We are looking for a dynamic, energetic Resident Manager for the HotelResort ensuring all operational departments perform successfully to their maximum efficiency in accordance with the agreed standards of operation and are individually profitable in accordance with the budget guidelines of the hotel. To deputize in the absence of the General Manager. Assists in maintaining a business environment based on the hotel’s Mission Statement, Company Vision and Guiding Principles. To take responsibility for actively looking at process and procedure to ensure that optimum performance is being achieved from the equipment and personnel of the propertyDescription
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personally and frequently verify that guests in the hotel are receiving the best possible service available.
- Spend time in the various operations (during peak periods) ensuring the operation is managed well by his team and functions properly to its fullest expectations.
- Be demanding and critical when it comes to service and quality standards.
- Ensure that Employees are well trained in their jobs and are well groomed and uniformed at all the times on duty.
- Be available to meet with guests to help Department Heads to deal with discerning or unsatisfied guests.
- Represent the General Manager in meeting guests when he is unable to do so.
- Frequently verify that the best products are used in the hotel operation.
- Assist Executives and Department Heads in being creative and ensure that the highest level of quality is achieved.
- Act as Duty Manager for the hotel as scheduled.
- Ensures that all hotel records and forms are prescribed by hotel’s SOPs and policies of the company are maintained as described in the Quality Management System.
- Keep up to date with financial results (budget versus actual) in sales and cost areas and ensure that sales and profit are maximized.
- Ensure that deadlines on all projects are met and timely submitted to the General Manager or the relevant department
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different Hotel operations.
- Ensures that all various operations adhere to all Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and Minimum Standards.
- Conduct communication meetings with the Heads of Departments and Direct Reports.
- Maintain close contact with hotel guests and the local community to facilitate their needs.
- Ensure that SOP requirements are met and applied by department heads.
- Set, in conjunction with the General Manager and each Division/Department Head, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan.
- Assists the General Manager in charge of the hotel in the preparation of weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Sign all financial documents in the absence of the General Manager
- To collate and analyse the revenue generation trends of the hotel, in order to identify critical areas for revenue enhancement.
- Ensures that each department is managed by a Manager/Management Team who is fully accountable for their profitability.
- Ensures that each department is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre.
- Monitors all costs and recommend/institute measures to control them immediately.
- Ensures that all Department Operational Budgets are strictly adhered to.
- Controls expenses.
- Assists in recruiting and selecting department members who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy and aim to achieve the Company Vision.
- Trains and develops Heads of Departments to enable them to operate independently their own departments.
- Ensures that the Direct Reports plans and implements effective training programmes for their respective colleagues in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- Ensures that the Direct Reports maximize productivity and moral within their respective departments following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Delegates responsibilities appropriately.
- Takes a personal interest in the Colleagues welfare and demonstrates an accessible attitude.
- Ensures he is known for fairness and objectivity in decision-making.
- Projects a positive and motivated attitude amongst his employees.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To ensure that all employees within the department report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire, name badge at all times in accordance with the department and hotel grooming standards.
- To ensure that all employees within the department provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of employees within the department ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manuals.
- To ensure that all employees have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any such matters relating to your department.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel operation.
- To attend training and meetings as required.
- To conduct and contribute to regular departmental communications meetings ensuring objectives are reviewed and results monitored and minutes recorded.
- To ensure that the Direct Reports Roster is posted and direct reports’ timesheets of all colleagues are submitted on time.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
- Continuously seeks ways to assist the management in the operation to promote the hotel to maximize revenue profits.
- Fully understands the market needs and desires for individual operations and ensures that the relevant product is developed by the Management Team accordingly.
- Participates in sales activities in key markets
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities it is only an indication of the duties and responsibilities expected from you. You could be requested to perform any other duties by the management as and when required.