Chef de Cuisine - French Restaurant
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- To ensure that all the food prepared and served is in accordance with the standards set by the Company.
- To come out with new recipe ideas, set up, display, menus and promotions.
- To look for more sources of supplies for the purposes of cost savings.
- To direct, control and co-ordinate activities and food promotions with the kitchen staff and restaurant manager.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness throughout the entire kitchen.
- To check all storeroom requisitions and kitchen transfers. Responsible for approval of Market list.
- To recruit, train, guide and evaluate the performance of your kitchen staff.
- To control and minimize wastage of food
- To analyze and monitor the menus and products of competitors.
- To work together with the restaurant manager in the preparation and development of marketing strategies.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT:
- Hold degree in Hospitality Management specializing in Culinary and Food Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the position in 5* Hospitality.
- Well-developed Food and Beverage Service and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, a proactive problem solver.
- Computer skills, particularly in the use of Ms Office, Outlook and POS.
- Fluent English – written and spoken, multi-lingual desirable.
- Essential prerequisite working experience with French cuisine or French nationality.