Bell Attendant - Concierge- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About the Role
Working as a to assist the Team Leader and Guest Service Executives, ensuring that all guest luggage, mails, deliveries, faxes are delivered in a timely, professional and efficient manner, by following the department's processes, as well as ensuring that they are handled responsibly and with care. To ensure that all guest are given a friendly, courteous, informative and efficient service. To be a source of information to all guests.
Your main duties will be :
- Ensure that all guest queries and requests for information are handled efficiently.
- Ensure the luggage services ensuring a smooth and efficient operation with no delay or damage.
- Ensure that complaints are attended to promptly and handled in a professional manner according to Jumeirah standards.
- Report for duty punctually and wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- Be well informed at all times about any information that might be useful to the guests (i.e. events in town, new restaurants and bars, sports and sightseeing etc.) and to pass the knowledge on to the team.
- Ensure that all the necessary reports and resources are available to perform all duties to Jumeirah standards.
- Ensure that 6 hours training per month is achieved and that an accurate record is being kept.
- Ensure that accurate records are being kept for i.e. luggage storage, Check-In and Check-Out, Fax Message deliveries, etc.
- Use the department's forms and records according to the Jumeirah standards for Document Control.
- Ensure that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained.
- Ensure that all the Trolleys are polished on a daily basis.
- Is aware of all in house entertainment schedules, location and timings of local events and advice guest accordingly.
- Ensure to adhere to the hotel's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety and security.
- Attend the department's daily briefing on time and ensure that effective shift handovers are being carried out.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the lobby and entrance area and functionality of all equipment (i.e. ashtrays should be clean and no light bulbs fused etc.
- Ensure the safe storage of luggage, in the storeroom making sure it is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure the safe storage and records of all outside pick-up items.
- Ensure that newspapers are delivered to the guest rooms in a timely manner and that deliveries are recorded correctly looking at preferences.
- Makes restaurant reservations for guests at the hotel's restaurants - either via the Reservations Office, or directly with the Restaurant.
- Recommends Jumeirah restaurants outside the hotel when requested by the guest, and make reservations as necessary.
- Receives incoming packages/letters/documents for in house guests - record their acceptance and arrange delivery to the recipient in a timely manner.
- Deals with outgoing guest mail - ensuring that where necessary, charges are correctly raised and passed to the Reception Desk.
- Handle the delivery and collection of group luggage as per LQA standards.
- Ensure that guest messages, faxes etc. are being recorded properly and delivered to the room in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer requirements are determined & met.
- Actively promote an awareness of customer requirements throughout the department.
- Ensure appropriate communication is established.
- Introduces guests to the hotel's Loyalty Club programme.
- Update all notice boards and information files regularly.
Oversees and ascertains that all vouchers of outside companies used at the Concierge Desk are correctly filled out and all necessary details entered for proper processing by the Finance Department.
- Ensure that direct cash payments from guests (i.e. for transportation, tours, purchases etc.) is handled correctly and according to the procedures in place.
- Be aware of the departmental budget and control the expenses accordingly.
- Ensure that the concierge float is accurately accounted for the purpose of finance spot checks.
- Ensures that departmental stationary supplies are maintained at the required stock level at all times and re-order as necessary.
- Ensure that the trolleys are well maintained.
- Ensure that no damage is caused to Hotel Property whilst using the trolleys.
- Adhering to Jumeirah Guiding Principles and Hallmarks.
- Attend regular departmental communication meetings.
- Assist the Concierge colleagues with their duties as and when required.
- Have high product knowledge about Jumeirah hotels and facilities.
- Demonstrate participation in the Quality Management System and continual improvement of its effectiveness.
- Participate in the concierge of the year competition.
Achieving The Vision & Mission
- To ensure that the vision and mission of the organization are shared with all colleagues and reflected in the actions of management.
- The vision and mission, which reflect the nature and values of the organization, are endorsed and demonstrated through action.
- Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm with work.
- Is courteous and helpful to colleagues and customers, always showing respect.
- Demonstrates dedication and commitment to the role.
- Begins With the End in mind
- Thinks Win-Win
Customer Service Orientation (Internal & External)
- Takes responsibility for anticipating and meeting customer needs.
- Identifies opportunities and initiates interaction with guests.
- Responds to guest's comments and complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Originates cost effective ideas to improve service quality.
- Encourages and recognizes colleague's ideas and suggestion to improve guest service.
- Greets the guest before the guest greets.
- Never say No to the guest.
Appearance & Presentation
- Uses positive body language.
- Personal presentation reflects positive & professional image
- Adheres to company and departmental grooming standards
- Uses empathic listening skills and processes information before responding.
- Seeks first to understand and then to be understood
- Communicates verbally in a clear and concise manner using English
- Written communication skills need to be appropriate for the needs of the position.
- Creates an environment, which encourages open communication throughout the department and keeps others informed.
- Expresses opinions and/or differences in a professional, non-aggressive manner.
- Responds to requests for information accurately and in a timely manner
- Conducts effective meetings with agendas, minutes and follows up effectively.
Work Place Health & Safety
- Follows and promotes safe and healthy work practices.
- Is familiar with and is prepared to practice effective fire and emergency procedures
- Ensures the team is fully trained in fire and emergency procedures.
- Ensures colleagues are given appropriate breaks, time off and vacation.
- Ensures personal physical wellness, ensuring stress is managed and appropriate breaks, time off and vacation are taken.
Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Proactively identifies and willingly accepts responsibility for solving problems
- Seeks synergistic outcomes
- Thinks creatively to identify solutions.
- Identifies people affected by decisions and involves them appropriately in the decision -making process encouraging and seeking input.
- Arrives at sound and timely decisions after consideration of all alternatives
- Encourages colleagues to make decisions and empowers them to do so.
- Supports and implements decisions of upper management.
- Is honest and sincere in dealing s with customers and colleagues
- Treats all colleagues and customers with respect and does not discriminate against others
- Says what they mean and means what they say.
- Appreciate the skills and abilities of team members and utilizes all team members to achieve departmental and company objectives.
- Promotes a positive and healthy work environment which contributes to effective teamwork
- Works positively with others and contributes actively to promote a healthy team spirit.
- Assists others willing.
- Works towards common goals through open communication, mutual support and win-win attitudes
- Values differences within the team and builds upon strengths.
- Motivates colleagues and provides a work environment which brings out the best in team members.
- Encourages colleagues, providing positive feedback.
- Adopts a flexible, principle centred, leadership style appropriate to the situation and the individuals concerned.
- Achieves work objectives through effective Teamwork.
- Supports individual team members to achieve personal & professional goals
- Provides training to Cross Training Colleagues to ensure, all team members develop & grow
- Focuses on colleagues, customers and business associates and they acknowledge us as preferred partners.
- Differences in others are valued and respected.
Performs all other related duties as required or requested by the Concierge Manager, Front Office Manager or other management.About You
You should be able to:
- Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests
- Well groomed/presented
- Enthusiastic and eager
- Portrays self confidence
- Well versed spoken and written English, assertive communication style
- Additional Language: Arabic, Russian or European language