Full job details
Maintain the cleanliness of all the Food & Beverage production areas. Handle the ware washing of all the outlets. Do the Set up and clearance of all the buffets and banquet functions. Cleaning and sanitizing all the kitchen equipment and utensils. Maintain the cleanliness of all the food – non food stores and Garbage compactor area.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Ensure the cleanliness of all the food & beverage production areas at all the time.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all the Receiving stores, and the loading dock
• Operating the Dishwasher and handle all the ware washing
• Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain clean and sanitized pots and pans throughout the kitchen areas.
• Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers and ensuring bin area is kept clean and tidy.
• Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty.
• Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
• Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
· To ensure the safe storage, care and use of any chemicals, to protect themselves and colleagues from incorrect or dangerous usage
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
• Transport garbage containers from Kitchen and work areas to Dumpster; empty and clean. Adhere to recycling regulations.
• Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
• Assist kitchen team during the setup of the banquet buffets and catering functions
• Maintain a par stock level of all the OS&E items in each outlet.
• Filling up daily weekly check list’s accurately.
• Experience: Some previous experience in a similar position required.
• Education: High school diploma.
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Technical Skills: Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal; ability to provide legible communication and directions; basic arithmetic skills; ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; ability to prioritize, organize and follow up; able to follow directions thoroughly; ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
• Licenses & Certifications: None required.