Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Directly connected to the world-renowned mall, the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel is a gathering place for corporate travelers, vacationers, and shoppers alike. The hotel is centrally located, with easy access to such destinations as Jumeirah, Dubai Marina, Jebel Ali Free Zone, and Dubai World Trade Center. Dubai International Airport (DXB) is only 20 minutes away by car.
Each of our 481 welcoming guest rooms and suites provides outstanding city views, an LCD flat screen TV, wireless High Speed Internet Access, and the plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. Our full-service hotel has a wealth of options for a leisurely stay including a Spa, sauna and whirlpool, fitness center and rooftop pool. Featuring state-of-the-art technology, nine meeting rooms can accommodate a variety of functions. Plus, our well-equipped business center provides support services to help you stay productive and in touch.
• Learns to measures and mixes ingredients according to standard recipes prepare sauces, all meat, poultry and fish dishes in cooperation with the Chef Saucier or delegate.
• Prepares section mise-en-place as requested.
• Assists in Buffet set up and decoration
• Adapts to portion control policy/standard plating instructions.
• Stores all cold food, sauces, meat and fish, according to established procedures.
• Garnishes entrees before being sent to restaurants for service in accordance with standard plating instructions.
• Assists during meal periods that buffet table is kept replenished and attractive for duration of service.
• Keeps Saucier section in clean and orderly fashion.
• Complies with SHERATON hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Cleans and maintains equipment, utensils and cold rooms.
• Adopts the "Clear as you go" method of working.
• Complies with hotel’s health and safety policy.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Learns safety procedures used in the operation of all kitchen tools and equipment.
• Learns the name, use and proper care of all cutlery and blade/slicing equipment.
• Uses caution in the use of all kitchen tools and equipment as outlined by Chef Saucier or delegate.
• Learns to maintain safety/health codes as established by government agencies.
• Learns to use kitchen fire extinguisher.
• Adopts to maintain all tools and equipment including regular cleaning and preventive maintenance as prescribed by Executive Chef or delegate.
• Wipes up spills and maintains clean, dry floors at all times.
• Cleans storage for all Saucier items.
• Checks all dishes, chafing dishes and display ware for cleanliness before use.
• Cleans workstation including sinks, counter tops, cutting boards, floors and walls.
• Learns sanitation standards meet governmental guidelines as well as hotel and corporate guidelines
• Requisitions, Receiving and Storing
• Maintain Food Preparation and Cooking Standard
• Plate and Garnish
• Breakdown Station and Closing Duties
The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.