4 days left
- Job Level
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
The position will assist the General Manager on the day-to-day operations of the Hotel, and directs the operation of F&B Department with the primary objective of assisting in maximizing profitability through optimum productivity of revenue generating areas, ensuring consistency of brand standards and high level of performance, service delivery are met to achieve guest satisfaction at all times.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly tours all hotel facilities, back and front of the house to ensure the highest possible cleanliness, maintenance standards are met and take notes on operational concerns.
- Reviews the Duty Manager’s report and Security log daily, address and follow through on problem areas.
- Regularly provides GM with maximum digestible information on problems, achievements, etc. In all areas of operations.
- Ensures daily communication with all supervised departments through daily briefing, monthly meetings or other alternative means.
- Report and share quality views in the morning briefings and ensure rapid implementation of all quality improvement decisions.
- Establish business relationship with Government bodies; i.e. Ministries, Police authorities, etc. And assist in ensuring the hotel maintains all necessary permits/licenses.
- Participates in the drafting of a hotel Crisis Management Plan
Food & Beverage Operation
To supervise the organizational and administrative functions and accountable for the efficient operations of the Food and Beverage Department, while ensuring the provision of quality food and beverage service, maximizing turnover and maintaining the highest possible departmental revenues and profit margin
- Works in close cooperation with Kitchen and Stewarding Department.
- To plan, develop, organize, implement Food & Beverage activities and ensures action plan is well implemented and deadlines are met.
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef all menu proposals presentations and other kitchen related requirements.
- Manage efficient Room Service.
- Ensures all legal documents are processed and readily available for live entertainment if needed.
- Marketing and Sales Management :
o Participates in public relations, sales activities, and or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage Department. o Develops and implements marketing and sales plans based on demand.
- Build positive working relationships with all departments of the hotel, assure understanding of Marketing programs and the wants, needs, and expectations of customers / guests.
- o Initiates mailing campaigns to maximize awareness and build market exposure.
- Develops active communication and close rapport with corporate clients, planner associations and other sources of sales information and support.
- o Provides feedback on market conditions including competitors’ updates by conducting spot checks on the business activities of immediate competitors.
- Designing and implementing marketing and sales programs in coordination with Sales and Marketing Department, such as promoting special menu items, promotions, etc.
- Designing sales plans for staff in order to increase revenues.
- Developing creative ideas for implementation of new items together with the F&B team.
- Responsible for dissemination of F&B related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Ensures achievement of set profit objectives by:
- Operating department within budget
- Reporting on daily sales, submitting monthly financial operational reports with analysis and comments
- Minimizes food cost by:
- Calculating costs on F&B items
- Deciding on the pricing of items
- Designing menus to meet market demands
- Reviewing with Executive Chef regularly the origin of purchase of goods and assessing supplier's quality and service.
- Prevent disruptions in the F&B operation by:
- Overseeing supply of support services such as maintenance and installation of machinery, cleanliness, of outlets, adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Handles all guest correspondence relating to complaints in F&B.