Spa & Recreation Manager
Full job details
A Stellar Collection Of UAE Hotels, With Award-Winning Services.
Searching for the perfect UAE hotel or resort? Consider Danat Hotels & Resorts - a portfolio of fashionable Abu Dhabi UAE hotels, where authentic Arabian hospitality sets the standard for an exceptional experience. Discover plush accommodation, world-class amenities, and fabulous dining in a remarkable variety of locales – from a dynamic waterfront hotel only minutes from the Abu Dhabi city centre to dazzling coastal resorts and a tranquil desert hideaway. Indulge your every desire at the Al Raha Beach Hotel – an opulent Arabian Gulf resort overlooking sun-drenched beaches. Escape to an oasis of hospitality on the edge of the Rub Al Khali Desert at the imposing Tilal Liwa Hotel, where exhilarating safari adventures await. Innovative in approach, with a dedication to superb guest service, each United Arab Emirates hotel offers the perfect reflection of its breathtaking surroundings.
Scope Of Work:
Responsible for co-coordinating the delivery of all recreational and spa facilities and services, providing service excellence to all hotel guests and club members.
1. Provides guidance, direction and support to colleagues within the Recreation and Spa Department.
2. Interacts with guests as well as recreation members and individuals in the local community.
3. Ensures the safe and efficient delivery of all recreational and spa services and facilities to hotel guests and recreation members at all times.
4. Responsible to ensure the utmost due diligence is practiced by self and all Recreation and Spa colleagues in regards to the safety of all hotel guest and recreation members whilst using the facilities.
5. Ensure self and all Recreation and Spa colleagues have complete knowledge of all recreation and spa services, facilities as well as other hotel services and facilities.
6. Ensures that all hotel guests and recreation members are provided with the correct information and knowledge on use of the facilities as well as club rules and regulations for the safety and convenience of all users.
7. Conducts daily inspections of all recreational and spa facilities and surrounding areas to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and all equipments are kept in a good state of repair.
8. Ensures that the Engineering department conducts regular preventative maintenance check on all operating equipments.
9. Ensures that there is always a Life Guard stationed by the poolside during opening hours.
10. Ensures that all other areas are kept manned at all times as required.
11. Ensures that all signage is kept up to date and highly visible to guests for their safe use of the recreational facilities.
12. Ensures that all membership records are kept up to date and all documentation is filed accordingly and personal data of members is kept confidential.
13. Liaises with all freelance instructors to ensure they provide the necessary legal documentation to be able to work within the hotel premises and all contracts are legally binding and adhered to at all times.
14. Working in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing department creates sales and marketing plans to promote membership and recreational and spa services.
15. Working in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing department attends sales calls to promote membership and recreational and spa services.
16. Participates in local community events as relevant to promote corporate social responsibility as well as create awareness of the Recreation and Spa.
17. Arranges recreation member and guests? sports and social events/activities as required.
18. Assists with the development of new products and services.
19. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensures that all Recreation colleagues follow the same.
20. Keeps updated with the latest market trends and new products.
21. Conducts performance evaluations as required regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
22. Establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department.
23. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
24. Personally conducts training for all Recreation colleagues as required.
25. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
26. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
27. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
28. Under the assistance of the senior Finance Manager co-ordinate the preparation of the departmental annual budget and work to achieve the budget by monitoring and controlling the departmental operations, considering revenue and expenditure.
29. On an ongoing basis, control and analyses departmental costs to ensure performance against budget; implementing corrective measures where necessary to produce positive business results.
30. Actively participate in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives and ensures that all Recreation colleagues follow the same.
31. Attends Management meetings and daily briefings as required.
32. Ensures effective two way communication within the department by regular departmental communication meetings and daily briefings.
33. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Recreation department.
34. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
35. To ensure self and all Recreation colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
36. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the General Manager/Director of Rooms Division.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of Sports & Fitness Equipment Operation
Good Working Knowledge of Spa Treatments
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of Diet & Nutrition
Good Working Knowledge of Event Management
Good Working Knowledge of Public Relations Management
Industry Based Certifications
Bachelors in Sports Science or Equivalent
Minimum of 2-Years Experience as an Assistant Recreation Manager
Minimum of 2-Years Experience as an Assistant Recreation Manager in 5 Star Hotels